• Studio at VWL

• Balcony room at Dolphin

• Split stay- WL/AKL

Results are only viewable after voting.

TexasErin

Loves old Pluto cartoons
DVC Silver
Totally confused!
DH and I are going in December with DD (7) and DS (1) and have ressies for the Dolphin. Now I'm thinking about trying to rent points to stay in VWL. I booked a government rate at Dolphin for a balcony room with view of Boardwalk, but could save a couple of hundred dollars renting points at VWL. However, money is not the deciding factor. Based on theme and convenience with 2 kids, would you pick VWL or Dolphin or hope for AP rates for split stay at AKL/WL?
DD just chimed in that she wants to stay where Stitch would stay- the Poly!! oh, no!

I voted to split your stay between WL and AKL. I didn't recommend the Dolphin-I know it has its fans, but when I went over to the Dolphin, it just struck me as very cold and lacking in "Disney magic". Sorry, but that was my impression. But you didn't say how long the trip is (or did I miss it?) I've split stays as short as 4 days-2 here and 2 there, but it was solo trips. With little ones, I certainly don't think it would be so easy. I'd only recommend that if you're staying for about 10 days. Then 8 at WL (closeness to MK), then the last two at AKL-if your kids are animal lovers and just "chill" at the resort. If you're not staying that long, go with VWL so you can do laundry (I remember doing laundry in only 5 days with 2 young ones).

The VWL is my home DVC resort...so I'm alittle prejudice...but I've stayed in balcony rooms @ the Dolphin many times. I'm confident you'll have a better Disney experience at VWL. The resort is so beautiful and full of life and if it saves you money on top of that...go for VWL. The Dolphin is a great hotel..but definitely more catered to business conventions. If you're going for more of a "Disney" experience, go to the villas.

If money is not too big of a deal-get a 1BR at VWL-washer dryer, full kitchen and living room. You will not regret it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter