Vwl ?

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
is there anyone out there that doesn't like VWL? why?

My mom is not a big fan of it (and she owns there)...she thinks it is too dark. She also doesn't like that you cannot "walk" to any park, and she thinks that at night there is NOTHING to do around there. Obviously, my mom is a BIG fan of the Epcot resorts. She bought into DVC "sight unseen". I tried to talk her into BWV or BCV...but, she had her mind set. On her first trip home, she went to BWV first (couldn't get into VWL) and then switched to VWL after a couple of nights....she actually cried when she got to her room (it didn't help that she had the ONE studio in VWL with no patio). She said she felt like she was "living in an attic".

After a couple of days she softened up on the place. But, she still plans to sell her VWL and buy BWV or BCV someday.

I think VWL is quaint and charming! If she sells her points, I might have to "snatch them up".

:wave:

Beca

Beca said:
My mom is not a big fan of it (and she owns there)...she thinks it is too dark. She also doesn't like that you cannot "walk" to any park, and she thinks that at night there is NOTHING to do around there. Obviously, my mom is a BIG fan of the Epcot resorts. She bought into DVC "sight unseen". I tried to talk her into BWV or BCV...but, she had her mind set. On her first trip home, she went to BWV first (couldn't get into VWL) and then switched to VWL after a couple of nights....she actually cried when she got to her room (it didn't help that she had the ONE studio in VWL with no patio). She said she felt like she was "living in an attic".

After a couple of days she softened up on the place. But, she still plans to sell her VWL and buy BWV or BCV someday.

I think VWL is quaint and charming! If she sells her points, I might have to "snatch them up".

:wave:

Beca

I felt that way when we were checked into the then Alligator Bayou section at Dixie Landings (forgive me for not getting the name change right). I am leary about staying at VWL because I thinks it's going to be like that. I just think that I am going to have to go and check it out when we go in December. I am also not a big fan of Whispering Canyon Cafe because all of their food is smoked. How is the breakfast there though?

breakfast is the same as most resorts.

I like their breakfast.

I am allergic to pepper - just try to eat out at all....disney as well as most places think pepper is wonderful. at fine restuarants around here I have had to send the food back 3 times because their chef kept adding pepper. :rotfl:

thanks goodness all the DVC have at least a kitchenett.

I like the darker AKL, Polyn and of course WL. If you don't like the darker woods then don't stay there.

if you like the Polyn or AKL then I think you will love VWL.

POR - the only DVC resort they have anything in common with is OKW.

OKW is very light, pastel colors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter