• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waffle House

For those that won't eat at a Waffle House there is the Huddle House. A Waffle House with different theming!

I've noticed that they are very hit and miss when it comes to quality. It's always a gamble when trying one you've never been to before. I enjoyed them occasionally when I was out on the road full time, but you really had to be careful because some of them were just gross.

Love Waffle House and have eaten there for years. Interestingly enough there is actually a Waffle House Hurricane Grading system. The claim is they are opened in all but the absolute worst of storms. Someone actually surveys all the Waffle Houses in the effected area and then declares the severity of the storm based on the percentage of sites closed.

I love the hashbrowns! I rarely go but once in a blue moon, especially for health's sake. Always go at night, especially on foggy nights when the place has only a few people.

In my area there's a ton of Waffle Houses along the main highway. Years ago we lost a Denny's and a privately owned diner, so Waffle House became the only late-night dining around.

I’ve never been to one and don’t have them around here . Maybe one day we will check one out when traveling but we tend to stick to local restaurants over chains if we can.

Love waffle house- none by us but when traveling we go! My daughter is graduating college in May and for her graduation I am driving her to her favorite place to eat 2 hours from us- Waffle House!

Aye or nay?

DH and I enjoy eating there once a year or so while traveling. Yeah, it’s greasy and low-end and we consider going to be sort of a gag. The clientele can sometimes be very interesting.

It’s become somewhat of a traditon and I hope to travel again soon to get my fix. There’s one about 10 miles from me but that doesn’t count. It has to be at least 100 miles away.

They are putting one on Rt 40

We wanted to go when we were in Houston before our cruise last January. We were relying on public transit to get around and there were no Waffle Houses near the Medical Center where we were staying.

We have on in my town but I have never eaten there. One issue though was that it was pretty much the last place that allowed smoking. And not to knock the smokers around here but I cannot stand smelling people smoke while I am trying to eat. Fast forward to today and they banned smoking and not trying to be uppity but the place looks sketchy anyways. LOL

I've only ever been once, 20 years ago while attending a convention in Dallas. Bottomless waffle and/or grilled-cheese refills? What's not to love?!? :lovestruc Do they still make the waffles with pecans in them? Delish!

According to their website, pecan waffles are still on the menu.

I want a do-over. My one and only Waffle House experience was in 2017 on our drive to Florida. Somewhere in Tennessee I think.
Food was good at 5 am after driving through the night. Only problem? There were ants crawling all over the table.....
I do want to give it another shot sometime though!

I have never been, aren't any where we live. But my son, who is going to school in the south, said people couldn't believe it when he said he'd never been to a Waffle House. Waffle House and some chicken place that I can't recall the name of.

Oh man, I used to hit the waffle house to sober up on my way home from club hopping in Nashville every weekend when I was in my early twenties. 😆 I haven't eaten there in years. As far as I can remember, the hash browns and coffee were always good. :P

Aye or nay?

DH and I enjoy eating there once a year or so while traveling. Yeah, it’s greasy and low-end and we consider going to be sort of a gag. The clientele can sometimes be very interesting.

It’s become somewhat of a traditon and I hope to travel again soon to get my fix. There’s one about 10 miles from me but that doesn’t count. It has to be at least 100 miles away.

We eat at Waffle House once a year too. I am almost embarrased to admit we eat at Waffle House on Christmas Morning. We have made it a tradition to pick a family that we can secretly buy breakfast for and spread some holiday cheer. This year we decided to tip the bill for our server since we know how much they struggled this year. This year as we were leaving after tipping our server we saw a family that we don't know persoanlly but know they had a young son die in a tragic car accident on the way home from a hockey tryout. We are a hockey family and when we saw them we know we had to buy their breakfast as well. I won't lie I cried like a baby, I just can't imagine the pain they are going through.
I couldn't tell you how this tradition started but we have been doing it for years and plan on doing it for years to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter