Waianae Building Villas Closed

pixiedust71

Earning My Ears
Just wanted to pass this information on. We just arrived at Aulani and had requested a DVC villa in Waianae Building. We were disappointed when our room number turned out to be one in the Ewa building. I asked if there wasn't something available in Waianae, but was told that all of the DVC villas are closed in that building.

That totally surprised us. The hotel rooms are still open. And I'm not sure if it's just the long wing that is closed down for the villas.

If I find out more details, will pass them on.

I'm sorry you didn't get your request. I've seen a couple of recent posts that say a lot of that building seems to be unoccupied - probably due to the amount of construction that is going on there right now. I'm sure you could ask someone to confirm but they were probably getting a lot of complaints about being over the construction areas so they decided to just leave some villas unoccupied?! That would be my best guess as to why.

When we were at Aulani in September 2012, the director of DVC sales for Aulani announced at the DVC Members' Mingle that more guests would be placed in the villas on the Ewa side of the resort due to the noise from the construction projects, which are mainly centered around the Waianae Building. I suspected Aulani would avoid using the Waianae odd-numbered villas, which face the Wailana quiet pool. However, I thought Aulani would still use the even-numbered villas that face Waikolohe Valley.

Can you confirm that all DVC villas in the Waianae Building are closed? They would be villas xx01-xx13.

By the way, the Hotel wing at Aulani is on the Waianae side of the resort, but it is closer to the lobby than the DVC wing.

When we were at Aulani in September 2012, the director of DVC sales for Aulani announced at the DVC Members' Mingle that more guests would be placed in the villas on the Ewa side of the resort due to the noise from the construction projects, which are mainly centered around the Waianae Building. I suspected Aulani would avoid using the Waianae odd-numbered villas, which face the Wailana quiet pool. However, I thought Aulani would still use the even-numbered villas that face Waikolohe Valley.

Can you confirm that all DVC villas in the Waianae Building are closed? They would be villas xx01-xx13.

By the way, the Hotel wing at Aulani is on the Waianae side of the resort, but it is closer to the lobby than the DVC wing.

I will double check, but two different CM have told us it is ALL the villas in that building. We are facing the pool area and can tell that all the even numbered villas are unoccupied (no lights on at night, no sign of anyone on the balconies).

In my opinion, its worse to be in the Ewa building. The construction is unsightly (which you wouldn't see from the Waianae) and the noise is awful. We really can't even enjoy having our door open during the day because there is literally CONSTANT beeping of trucks backing up and frequent jack hammering, etc. I think if one was staying in the Waianae building that the noise would potentially be less because you would be next to it rather than across from it where it blasts directly at you, if that makes sense.

I guess I'm a little surprised that the demand for DVC rooms is low enough that they can shut down an entire wing.

I guess I'm a little surprised that the demand for DVC rooms is low enough that they can shut down an entire wing.

Its not so much the demand for DVC villas that matters, but rather the percentage of DVC villas that have been declared for the DVC inventory that matters. Although I have not been able to confirm it, the best educated guess I can make on the number of vacation homes declared for the DVC inventory is no more than 196 vacation homes. The latest Public Offering Statements (revised 12/27/2012) show that Aulani's 2013 DVC budget is predicated on 196 vacation homes. This means that DVC members cannot book using points more than the equivalent of 196 vacation homes on any given Use Day.

The entire Waianae DVC wing accounts for 123 vacation homes, but the Ewa wings account for 337 vacation homes. DVC could take the Waianae Building out of operation and still easily accommodate the DVC membership.

We were in room 1256 in the Ewa tower in late January. Yes, we heard the noise from our balcony. However, when we went over to the Waianae Tower we could hear the construction noise reverberating through the building. The Ewa Tower was much nicer & the view was spectacular. The construction wasn't a significant portion of the view we had.

Neil

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We just stayed in a 1 bedroom ov in Ewa and I was so much happier there. It is so close to the kids club, the BBQ area, the store to refill your drinks, the nightly entertainment. The only bonus to the other side is the spa and the parking garage.

We just stayed in a 1 bedroom ov in Ewa and I was so much happier there. It is so close to the kids club, the BBQ area, the store to refill your drinks, the nightly entertainment. The only bonus to the other side is the spa and the parking garage.

For us we find the Waianae to have better views. You don't see the Marriott building. And while the construction is going on you don't see that either.

I think Aulani probably realizes it is the best views too which is why they continue to have their showcase one bedroom ocean view tour room located on the 10th floor in that building.

But, of course, there are probably many people who think the opposite of us and prefer the Ewa views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter