WAIT! IS THAT THE SWALPHIN?! A January 2014 Trip Report

Just read the whole thing! Glad you guys were having such a great time and I will say I think it's cool you brought food for convenience and money saving purposes.

Oh, and you had me at swolphin! If you haven't been inside, I recommend it - the smell is amazing!

epsmith921 said:
Just read the whole thing! Glad you guys were having such a great time and I will say I think it's cool you brought food for convenience and money saving purposes.

Oh, and you had me at swolphin! If you haven't been inside, I recommend it - the smell is amazing!

Haha I have not been inside! We just passed it, and my boyfriend was like "the resort is called the swalphin....?" Hahah it became his new obsession all trip! Im sure ill end up staying there some day!

All caught up! Your boyfriend is the most amazing selfie taker ever! I'm very jealous of his talents!

JessicaKnits said:
All caught up! Your boyfriend is the most amazing selfie taker ever! I'm very jealous of his talents!

Hahah I'll have to tell him! He really does try...I'm awful at it so I always make him do it!! :)

Finally all caught up! :thumbsup2

Billy is the King of selfie-taking!

Your day at Animal Kingdom sounds super fun! I like how you took a relaxed approach to it, that seems like the way to go.

AHHH the POR lobby is so gorgeous. It's definitely one of my favorites. I'm excited for you to get to your next resort, too!

THAT WEATHER. It's so beautiful. 80 degrees in January...sigh...I hope it's that nice when I go in December!

Yay for EPCOT!
And also YAY for Figment! It's one of those lesser-appreciated rides, but I still love it so much. I would be the one to ride it over and over again all day long and not complain, haha.

Your Aladdin meet and greet is so funny! "Billy must hold all of your shopping bags." I DIED when I read that!:rotfl:

Can't wait for more!

Okay, I am ready to find out where you stayed next?? I am trying to decide where to stay in Jan 2015 and want to get ideas...one is the Swalphin depending on how many of us end up going and what the nurse rates are at the time...if the nurse rates are the same as they were last year I might be able to stay there for the same price of a mod. Or I might be able to buy points and stay in a villa as cheap as a mod. So I need to know where everyone stays and if they liked it so I know where to stay.

Cant wait to hear more. Can you tell I am planning a trip or what:cool1:

LuvEeyore said:
Okay, I am ready to find out where you stayed next?? I am trying to decide where to stay in Jan 2015 and want to get ideas...one is the Swalphin depending on how many of us end up going and what the nurse rates are at the time...if the nurse rates are the same as they were last year I might be able to stay there for the same price of a mod. Or I might be able to buy points and stay in a villa as cheap as a mod. So I need to know where everyone stays and if they liked it so I know where to stay.

Cant wait to hear more. Can you tell I am planning a trip or what:cool1:

Haha I could just tell everyone...unless you guys want to be surprised! Haha. We loved Port Orleans Riverside!

Im also trying to decide where to stay next year..I'm thinking of doing POP or AoA to save a ton of money and have lots of spending money! ;) orrrr stay at a deluxe and splurge..hmmm

Hopefully I'll have an update tomorrow!

Hello hello! :goodvibes Sorry I've been gone for a while..just life, ya know? Haha. I've also been planning my future Disney trip!! (which can be a little more important than reminiscing past trips.. THE PAST IS IN THE PAST! (Kidding...kind of! lol) Anyways, on with the report!

Sunday, January 5

When I left off we were exploring the countries in Epcot! I believe this is Italy?

And Germany!! We were both super excited about Germany :cool1: I'm German, Billy is polish, and he studied German in school for 4 years!

Germany might be one of my favorite countries here!! As you can see, Billy was walking ahead ;)

I tried really hard to get him to buy those ears...didn't work :(

I LOVE THESE LITTLE GUYS!!!

We passed Snow White. She's not one of my favorite favorites, so we decided to skip her. But I had to take her picture still!

This is one of those 'outposts'. I thought it was pretty, so I took a photo :)

CHINA!

This is one of Billy's favorites! He just loves the buildings!

OOOOO, NORWAY!!!

There's the line for Anna and Elsa, as you can see....

NEXT UP: MAELSTROM!​

Sunday, January 5

MAELSTROM!

This was one of my favorite rides. Like, oh my gosh, SO FLIPPING FUN. We were just riding along then all the sudden we start going backwards then you see the outside through the opening, and I screamed and thought we were going over....definitely go stares from some people in front of us... :lmao:

So after the ride we obviously walked around the troll shop for some time.

And if I had lots of money, I would own this sweatshirt! :flower3:

MEXICO MEXICOOOO

We saw Donald Duck! We love Donald! Hahah he's so angry...poor guy. Anyway, we were waiting in line (which was like 4 families long) and I took this picture....very authentic if you ask me..

Then it was our turn!

We continued to explore..

After Mexico, we decided to head out, we had to run to the store and check in at our new resort! :)
But we had FP for Soarin first!!!! So that's where we were headed!

THIS IS AN AMAZING PICTURE AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT EXISTED.

And gorgeous Spaceship Earth!

We just so happened to pass by Club Cool!!!! I had to try all of the flavors!

We both tried the Beverly...I didn't think it was that bad! Haha, Billy thought it was gross and freaked out because he couldn't get the taste out of his mouth! Haha :rotfl2: His favorite though, was South Africa!

It was finally time to use our FP!!!!!!

I've been super excited for Soarin, ever since I started researching the parks!

So anyway, we got put in the FRONT ROW. I was stoked, I knew what that meant! No feet!!! So we sat and waited until everyone was safely strapped in. Then the ride started. HOLY COW. When it lifted up, Billy and I screamed! :rotfl::rotfl: We weren't expecting it to go so quickly!!! But anyway, the ride was amazing, and I want to ride it over and over and over. And I never felt motion sick on the ride! Yay!

More Epcot on our way out!

Awww :)

Yay Germany! My father was german so I have a soft spot whenever we visit the pavilion. Its pretty gorgeous!

Grats on first row of Soarin without even asking, thats awesome!

Wow! Donald looks so short next to you guys! Hee!

Hi! I just stumbled across your TR and joining in! It's really neat seeing a TR through "fresh" eyes! We have been so much that I think we can miss out on some of the wow moments! Ya'll arrived the day we left! Great idea bringing food! We do that for breakfast and it saves so much money. And isn't POR beautiful?! We are booked there for September...and at the Dolphin!

Yay Germany! My father was german so I have a soft spot whenever we visit the pavilion. Its pretty gorgeous!

Grats on first row of Soarin without even asking, thats awesome!

Wow! Donald looks so short next to you guys! Hee!

I know right?! It didn't even occur to me to even ask where to sit! :rotfl2:

Hi! I just stumbled across your TR and joining in! It's really neat seeing a TR through "fresh" eyes! We have been so much that I think we can miss out on some of the wow moments! Ya'll arrived the day we left! Great idea bringing food! We do that for breakfast and it saves so much money. And isn't POR beautiful?! We are booked there for September...and at the Dolphin!

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: Glad you're reading! And I loved POR! Would definitely stay there again!

Good evening! (depending on when you read this! It's evening here so... :goodvibes )

Sunday, January 5

When I left off we just caught a bus back to POR to grab our car! We had to stop at a grocery store to pick up a few things! We searched in our GPS close by stores. We decided on a Publix! Which by the way, do you pronounce that PUB-LIX? or PEW-B-LIX?! Hahah, okay moving on.
I didn't take any pictures because I was so scared my camera was going to suddenly run out of space!!!!
So we finished at the store and headed back to Disney!!! I hated to leave it just for those few minutes :(

We arrived at our second resort which was.......here's the lobby!...

Coronado Springs!!!! Pretty sure the check in was quicker than POR. The lobby is just beautiful!

I had requested Cabanas..but of coarse I didn't get it! We got placed in Rancheros(?) which I had read was everyone's least favorite. *sigh* BUT I WAS IN DISNEY, SO I REALLY DIDN'T CARE!!!

It wasn't THAT bad. I kinda really like cactus! Soo I was cool.

Our room! Pretty sure a football game was on...so of course Billy had it on.. :rolleyes2 I love football...I have a fantasy team and everything, but WATCH STACEY WHEN YOU ARE AT YOUR RESORT IN DISNEY! :offtopic: Oops!

Well, I don't remember it being dusky when we left our room for dinner. But it was winter so I guess it does get dark sooner!!
So anywho, we walked to the lobby to eat our dinner while we explored our new resort!

For dinner we had Chicken Oriental Salads!!!

After dinner we took a bus back to Epcot to finish our day there!!!!!

Now that the sun isn't blinding us...

DO YOU SEE? I AM A CONSERVATION HERO!

Billy failing at a selfie for once! :lmao:

IS THIS NOT THE MOST FANTASTIC PERFECT SYMMETRICAL PHOTO YOU HAVE EVER SEEN?!?

Sorry about a few of those pictures....I have no idea why they are not rotating once I put them on here... Hope you don't mind! ;)

Sunday, January 5

So the plan was we got a FP for Soarin because that was more important to us between Test Track and Soarin. So we figured we would ride TT now depending on the wait. (Why we didn't think to do it right when we got here in the morning I have no idea...oops!! :sad2: ) ANYWAYS. The wait was a little long. It was either that would be like, the only other thing we did, OR we could finish up World Showcase and other stuff. We chose WS :)

Just a light up side walk..no big deal.

So we headed off to World Showcase. Canada was our first stop!

my camera + nighttime + World Showcase = not good pictures! :(

SO we saw that Pooh was meeting in the UK! Billy and I flipped because he is our FAVORITE. So we rushed to UK and I saw on the MDE app they meet in Christopher Robin's bedroom.... I was looking everywhere and couldn't find it!! No lines, no signs...

Then I saw a store type thing that sold Winnie the Pooh stuff, so I figured it must be it. :thumbsup2 It was! Except it was the exit we found...WHERE WAS THE ENTRANCE?!?!?

So we walked outside and went around to the back of the building. Seemed legit. IT WAS.

It actually scared the begeezus out of me because I wasn't sure still, so I kinda peeked around a corner, and THERE WAS TIGGER signaling me to come over! I freaked. I was starstruck, I turned the other way toward Billy! :lmao:

In the meantime, there was a family, a mom and her 3 teenage kids (2 guys 1 girl) All over the age of 17...they felt so embarrassed! It was hilarious. We waiting in line while they had their turn, but we were the only ones there! The boys wouldn't smile for the picture, so Pooh and Tigger were trying to get them to! :rotfl2:

Finally it was our turn!!!!!

Billy walked up to Pooh and said, "You're my favorite Pooh!!!" The hugged it out :)
Tigger signed my book, put in down, we hugged, and he starts slow dancing with me!!!!!!!! It was the greatest moment ever.

It was just the best :)

And here's an awful picture of WS because my camera is not nocturnal....
But it's France!

Where was this?!? I don't even remember...

We made our way out of WS but had to stop at these bad boys!

I wanted these:

Yay Coronado Springs! That pool really is to die for! I like your room too, its the overly colorful and bright ones that I'm not a fan of...although maybe they don't have them anymore....

Thats awesome that Pooh is Billy's favorite! Sounds like it was a great interaction! Did you guys end up buying the glasses?

Yay Coronado Springs! That pool really is to die for! I like your room too, its the overly colorful and bright ones that I'm not a fan of...although maybe they don't have them anymore....

Thats awesome that Pooh is Billy's favorite! Sounds like it was a great interaction! Did you guys end up buying the glasses?

The pool was pretty! We never got around to swimming :( next time!!!!
We didn't buy the glasses :( lol

Sunday, January 5

So when I left off, we were just wanderin around Epcot, basically waiting for Illuminations to start. I told Billy to buy this. He didn't :confused3

We made our way over to the Character Spot to meet some cool guys! The wait wasn't very long. We never waited in line for a character if their line was too long. Funny story, I took this picture to make sure my hair looked okay with my ears.

First up was Mickey!! I used to raise mice when I was a kid (kinda an accidental thing! Got two female mice, one was clearly not female because all of the sudden a bit after we got them, one was pulling little pink babies out of herself.....lolllll :rotfl: ) And one of my favorite males I named Mickey!! :)

Up next was Goofy, he was so funny. He made sure my ears were straight before we took pictures!
OH! He started to sign my book without clicking the pen out (my fault, oops! :laughing: )

It was clearly very funny

Next up was Minnie!!!

Next we went into this awesome store

We then went to WS to get a spot for Illuminations! I didn't take any pictures, because I never like taking pictures during that kind of stuff, I feel like it distracts me. But it was amazing. Like, I cried. It was great.

Aww! Such great pics with the Fab5!!

I feel the same way about pics during the fireworks. I mean I want the pics but I want to just immerse myself in the experience and just enjoy it!

Welcome to my first TR! I've been waiting to write one of these since I first started planning my trip!
Definitely a fun way to relive the experience.

We did indeed have a Murphy bed. I also joked around saying 'Fra-gee-le' How they say it in A Christmas Story? :rotfl:
I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy this TR. :rotfl2::lmao:

By the way, it was like 80 degrees on this fine day. WHAT? 80 DEGREES IN JANUARY. This wasn't exactly a norm in Illinois. I was wearing shorts and short sleeves! :cheer2:
At least you packed for it... :confused3 :rotfl2:

Also, as we were leaving, Billy goes, "Oh....I get it...Figment...Figment of your Imagination!"

Way to catch on, William!
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Figment was fun n all, and the song is super catchy, but I don't think I need to see him next trip. I mean, if I REALLY wanted to kill some time I would, but other than that...
I always make time for Figment, just because I loved the original version when I was little. But yeah, the current ride is a bit lame.

We both tried the Beverly...I didn't think it was that bad! Haha, Billy thought it was gross and freaked out because he couldn't get the taste out of his mouth! Haha :rotfl2: His favorite though, was South Africa!
:rotfl2: I kind of agree with you about the Beverly. I guess I wouldn't exactly choose to walk into a convenience store and buy 44 ounce cup of it, but it isn't the worst thing I've ever tasted. I would be able to drink it ok.

Our room! Pretty sure a football game was on...so of course Billy had it on.. :rolleyes2 I love football...I have a fantasy team and everything, but WATCH STACEY WHEN YOU ARE AT YOUR RESORT IN DISNEY! :offtopic: Oops!
Nope... football wins. It is only on for a few hours of time that you're actually in your room over the course of the week. Stacy is there 24/7. You can watch her any time. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

SO we saw that Pooh was meeting in the UK! Billy and I flipped because he is our FAVORITE. So we rushed to UK and I saw on the MDE app they meet in Christopher Robin's bedroom.... I was looking everywhere and couldn't find it!! No lines, no signs...
I've never seen that one either. Thanks for the heads up on that one. We'll have to go check it out. Especially if we don't end up going to Crystal Palace.

We then went to WS to get a spot for Illuminations! I didn't take any pictures, because I never like taking pictures during that kind of stuff, I feel like it distracts me. But it was amazing. Like, I cried. It was great.
I agree. I mean, I enjoy seeing pictures of the fireworks and shows. But I just want to watch and enjoy without worrying about that stuff. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter