• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait List Comes Through.......DARN!

DizkneeDenna

Former TDS CastMember
This is what happened. We are staying at BWV and wanted to check out other resorts over the weekend to save points. I'm sure you understand! :D

So I got a great rate at the GF for concierge level - something that I am sure will be a once in a lifetime treat!

Anyway we are staying there for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night because BWV didn't have a standard view studio for Sunday night. We then waitlisted for the Sunday night.

They offered me a one-bedroom - I said "No Thanks". They offered me a preferred view studio - I said "No Thanks". Told Hubby I'm not giving up the GF unless they give us exactly what we want! :D

So today we are 20 days out from our trip and they come through with the standard view studio. As I said before....DARN! Hubby is happy as this will save us lots of pretty penny's! LOL

Just to let everyone know - waitlisting does work. :D

Thanks. We were waitlisted until late September for BWV 1 bed but it never came through. I didn't recall to be put on the 7day list but maybe I should have. I just figured it would never happen. Maybe I'll call tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement.

definately call and get put on the 7 day list. I have been on the wait list for something like 8 months. Called at the 30 day cutoff to request to stay on the list. I had planned to call at the 7 day cutoff as well if nothing came though. Call you never know what might happen! :D

Question....I called at 30 days out and asked to be put on the 7 day list....which is you are on the list until 7 days out of your trip, right....well...I don't have to do anything else now do I? I just wait it out and if it comes through, by seven days prior, I'll get it. Otherwise my spot just expires. If I'm wrong, please let me know! 10 days till departure!

With such great rates at area hotels we were considering extending our trip another two nights. But we're flying Delta and they are not participating in the "no penalty" policy of switching flights. Guess we're just getting greedy! But hey, it doesn't hurt to try!

I probably had it wrong. I thought that you called at 30 days to stay on the waitlist - then called at 7 days to remain until your arrival - but it wouldn't be the first time I got confused by DVC stuff! Hopefully someone out there will let us know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter