Wait list for Stormalong Bay?

TivoQueen

Mouseketeer
We are going to be at the Yacht Club this weekend and I was planning on spending mornings with my older kids in the parks then heading back to the resort each day around after lunch to lounge by the pool. Someone told me I had to get on a wait list to get into the pool? Is this something they did for Covid? Are they still doing the waitlist?

We are going to be at the Yacht Club this weekend and I was planning on spending mornings with my older kids in the parks then heading back to the resort each day around after lunch to lounge by the pool. Someone told me I had to get on a wait list to get into the pool? Is this something they did for Covid? Are they still doing the waitlist?
They used a waitlist only when necessary, during the Covid restrictions. They don't use it anymore.

It shouldn't be too crowded at SAB this weekend. The first half of September tends to be the slow period. :)

I’m here now. I can see some of the pool from by balcony. Plenty of open seats, although what I can see are all in the sun. I can’t see the shady areas from here. We’re usually here the first/ second week in September. The pool still gets busy in the afternoon. Not wait list busy, but it sometimes takes a minute to find a seat you want. There’s plenty of room in the pool. But there are always many more “saved” chairs than there are people in the pool.

I’m not a pool person but my husband and son went to SAB a few times during the first week of August when we were there and there was no wait list.

It drives me crazy during busy times when I can't get a chair and 90% are occupied by towels.
I have removed used towels from chairs that don't have any personal items many times. Never once has anyone come up to me to say that I stole their chairs. I think a lot of people are lazy and just leave their towels behind. I figure that if it turns out that I did take their chairs then I would apologize and move. But I haven't had to do it yet. ;)

I have never been to SAB but after reading comments on this thread, I would love to go there. Can anyone tell me which one is the best restaurant there to have lunch?

I have never been to SAB but after reading comments on this thread, I would love to go there. Can anyone tell me which one is the best restaurant there to have lunch?
We like Beaches and Cream for lunch. The other restaurant that is open for lunch is Ale and Compass. You can also get quick service food from Hurricane Hanna, Beach Club Marketplace and Yacht Club Marketplace. Access to SAB is limited to guests staying at YC/BC/BCVs. But for those with access, they have wait staff at SAB who will bring food and beverages from Hurricane Hanna to your seat. It is very nice to be waited on. :)

Last edited:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking. You can eat at restaurants at yacht club/beach club and look at the stormalong bay swimming area. But you cannot use the swimming area unless you are staying at yc/bc/bcv. Maybe you knew that.

Storm Along Bay (SAB) is the feature pool for Yacht Club, Beach Club & Beach Club villas. As @Wood Nymph & @Best Aunt said, you have to be a registered guest at 1 of those 3 hotels to use the pool. There are limited quick service foods at BC Marketplace & the Market at Ale & Compass @ the YC. There are 4 sit down restaurants that take ADRs. Cape May Cafe, a buffet @ BC, Beaches & Cream Soda Shop between the 2 hotels, Ale & Compass & Yachtsman’s Steakhouse, both @ YC. Yachtsman’s is a signature restaurant & only open for dinner. Eating at any of those will not get you entry to the SAB pool.

...I stayed at the Beach Club in August and there was no waitlist....it wasn't overly crowded either.

Storm Along Bay (SAB) is the feature pool for Yacht Club, Beach Club & Beach Club villas....you have to be a registered guest at 1 of those 3 hotels to use the pool....Ale & Compass & Yachtsman’s Steakhouse, both @ YC. Yachtsman’s is a signature restaurant & only open for dinner. Eating at any of those will not get you entry to the SAB pool.
...yes. Your ID is checked to see if you are a registered guest. Then you get a "paper" throwaway band for the day. It changes every day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter