• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait List found for Cash

depilot

Earning My Ears
Just found my wait list available for cash. Is this common practice? Not only that, it comes with free dining. Why did I join DVC?

Just found my wait list available for cash. Is this common practice? Not only that, it comes with free dining. Why did I join DVC?

Yes it's very common. We have been told that the cash availability is from inventory not owned by the DVC.

This is just another item to be considered before you buy a DVC contract. The sad thing is the way Disney advertises the DVC making people think that they can vacation all over the world and save tons of money, then we read here on the DIS that some members book with cash to get what they want.

:earsboy: Bill

So cancel your waitlist and pay rack rate for your villa. That's the only way you're going to get free dining and that villa at that time. Unless your waitlist eventually comes through.

The reason there is availability for your days at your resort is because a member at that resort decided to go on the DCL or ABD or a non-DVC Disney hotel. And they traded their points for the stay. So now DVC has to get the money to pay for that trade that the member made. That villa is not going to become available for points.

If you want the villa and free dining, this is the time to go for it! Cancel the waitlist, bank the points or rent them. What villa? what price? Is it really better than staying just at DVC and doing your own food? I don't know, I've never been there using free dining. Here people say that nothings free, but does it seem like a good deal to you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter