wait list question

dadwilliams

Earning My Ears
Hello All!

We are new DVC members and really excited aobut our first trip on 6/2/07 to Wilderness Lodge Villas. I booked a one bedroom, trying to save points, and now it is quite apparent that we really needed a two bedroom. i have been put on a wait list. In all our your experiences, how likely is it to get the upgrade, or is waiting on the waiting list false hope? I appreciate anything anyone can share.
Thanks, Indiana Dad

IMO, waitlist success depends on a lot of factors including the number of consecutive nights you are trying to get and how soon you go on the waitlist. If you have just recently added yourself to the waitlist, less than two months out, I'd say your odds aren't great. All DVC members have been able to book VWL for those dates for over 5 months now. Depending on exactly when the resort reached full occupancy, it's entirely possible that there are a dozen DVC members on the waitlist for the same dates. It's not uncommon for members to book one resort and waitlist for others.

It never hurts to try, but if you really need a larger room I would seriously consider a different resort. Ask yourself what you are going to do if the waitlist request does not come thru.

Note that 30 days out the entire waitlist is wiped out so you'll have to call and have yourself placed on the list again. At 7 days out there is no more waitlist but you can still call periodically to see if anything opens up. Due to the holding account rules, cancellations are much less common inside of 30 days, but it does happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter