Wait time for Ana and Elsa at rope drop

Mom 2 Two

Mouseketeer
I've seen the horrible wait times posted for the Ana and Elsa meet and greet. What do you think the wait time will be if we are at rope drop at the end of May? TIA!!

based on past reports, just guessing that unless you're one of the first 100-150 or so persons through the rope, at least 2 to 3 hours.

I think the problem is that you have to RUN as well as be one of the first 100 - 150 people. If you are one of the first 100 or so and you walk quickly (like you're supposed to do) instead of running (not safe) - then the people who don't care and run will be ahead of you. I haven't been there but that's the consistent theme I've seen from folks who've posted. Josh at Easywdw recommends strongly that if you don't have FP you should get in line around 11. Although the lines are still listed as long, he doesn't think they are really as long in the afternoon as the posted time indicates.

I can't see how the wait can be 2 hours 5 mins after they open! Has anyone tried to do rope drop from ADR at Crystal Palace and be near the front of the ropes by the castle? If so post how long you waited in line?? I understand there are 9am FPP but it still doesn't add up to be 2 hour wait especially if they have a couple rooms open! Comments would be greatly appreciated as we have 805 ADR and are willing to leave at 845 to be near the front of ropes by castle!! Thanks

I can't see how the wait can be 2 hours 5 mins after they open! Has anyone tried to do rope drop from ADR at Crystal Palace and be near the front of the ropes by the castle? If so post how long you waited in line?? I understand there are 9am FPP but it still doesn't add up to be 2 hour wait especially if they have a couple rooms open! Comments would be greatly appreciated as we have 805 ADR and are willing to leave at 845 to be near the front of ropes by castle!! Thanks
I read over on EasyWDW that may not work because of the way the CMs route the crowd around the castle to the left.

Lots of people between Cinderellas Royal Table and the Crystal Palace will already have a heads start with the people at rope drop.
I expect at least 80 minutes at the 9:00 start and it will build with every second.

We got them while at epcot. By 9:30 the line started for the noon meeting.

I dont understand your comment a couple of rooms opened.. its only one room

Oh no. We were really hoping to do that first since the kids love the movie... Hubby refuses to wait in line more than 30 minutes to meet a character

Lots of people between Cinderellas Royal Table and the Crystal Palace will already have a heads start with the people at rope drop. I expect at least 80 minutes at the 9:00 start and it will build with every second. We got them while at epcot. By 9:30 the line started for the noon meeting. I dont understand your comment a couple of rooms opened.. its only one room

I believe they have 2 sets of Anna and Elsa meeting at one time

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what is the quickest way to get to fairytale hall at rope drop? I bet there is a map out there somewhere...

You go straight though the castle to the otherwise. Impossible to miss :-) especially since 75% of people at rd are going there too

Lots of people between Cinderellas Royal Table and the Crystal Palace will already have a heads start with the people at rope drop.
I expect at least 80 minutes at the 9:00 start and it will build with every second.

We got them while at epcot. By 9:30 the line started for the noon meeting.

I dont understand your comment a couple of rooms opened.. its only one room

In Epcot they only had one room, in PFTH in MK, they have two rooms meeting. ;)

Thanks for your replies! Can you get FP+ for Ana and Elsa? For our dates it says standby only. Any ideas on this?

This morning at rope drop there was a line of cast members walking the hurd down the street. Folks were herded through the castle and around the carosel. It was fairly orderly.

Mom 2 Two said:
Thanks for your replies! Can you get FP+ for Ana and Elsa? For our dates it says standby only. Any ideas on this?

If it says standby, that means the fastpasses are gone. Not sure when your dates are but onsite guests can make reservations 60 days in advance.

Went to MK today for a morning EMH. Wait time at 830 AM (30 minutes into EMH but 30 minutes before official park opening) was 240 minutes.

Insane,insane,insane. I see these wait times and they scare me:scared1:

I have a question, are the character fp+ different than the ride fp+?

meaning I can have A&E and 3 rides booked?

Insane,insane,insane. I see these wait times and they scare me:scared1:

I have a question, are the character fp+ different than the ride fp+?

meaning I can have A&E and 3 rides booked?

Nope, characters count as a regular fastpass. You can of course try to book a character fastpass early in the day along with your other 2 fastpasses then add more once you have used those.

I believe they have 2 sets of Anna and Elsa meeting at one time

They do..but the throughput isn't quick because the girls spend a good amount of time with each set of guests, and then you have to allow for Fastpass guests going first.

It's not like a continuously loading ride. So the total number of guests they can meet per hour isn't as high. If they spend at least a minute with each guest, one set can meet 60 guests per hour. When I observed them at Epcot they were taking longer than a minute with each guest or group of guests. If they take 2 minutes per guest, then it goes down to 30 guests per hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter