Wait times for Luigi's and Mater's?

surgefest

DIS Veteran
What have the average wait times been like for luigi's and mater's lately??? if you stroll up in the middle of the day what are they looking like?

Well probably still varies with day of week and who is blocked out etc. But my experience during a five-day visit at the end of July/beginning of August was that Mater's was 10-15 min wait. Luigi's ranged from being 5 min (EMH or late at night) to 20 min during peak visitorship.

Last weekend we arrived at Disney about noon on Friday. Maters was like 5 minute wait (Basically 1 ride worth) and that ride was a hoot. we loved it. (KIds ages 4 to 11 with us) Luigies was about half hour wait.

Let's see last We went was last month for 3 days. One sunday
Mater's was 5 - 10 min. Luigi's the whole time 20 min.
Next two days we went it was about the same. Luigi's did go up to 30 min. or so the sign said. But Husband told me it felt shorter.

wow so it sounds like its gone done a lot. last summer i remember both being over 30-45 mins in the middle of the day.....

wow so it sounds like its gone done a lot. last summer i remember both being over 30-45 mins in the middle of the day.....

Oh yeah although Mater's has always had pretty low waits regularly as well during certain times but it was around 30 mins average last summer. This summer it seems to be around 20 although it has jumped to 40 mins in really busy days. Luigis has definitely dropped the most though. It was easily 45-60 mins last summer and now its around 20 mins as well. I think that ride reputation did it in mostly.

But they are both C ticket attractions for most people and those are waits you get on most of them when the newness wears off.

Maters has such a quick turnaround that the lines goes pretty fast. I love that ride! I'm nonstop laughing the entire time. Luigi's is boring in my opinion, especially since they took out the beach balls.

Great to hear they have both sped up! I think we probably only waited 20 minutes for Mater's last Thanksgiving, but Luigi's was 45-50 minutes. Mater's is such a fun ride! Luigi's, I'd never wait 45 minutes for it again. 10 minutes, yes.

We were there last Tuesday and Thursday. Luigis was about 15-20 and Maters was about 10-15. Maters is worth it. Luigis not so much. It could be fun, but it's too crowded to get moving.

It's true first time we went to Cars land last summer.
Mater's was 40 min wait usually we still waited. But great to see you can ride more then once,

Luigi's is boring in my opinion, especially since they took out the beach balls.

I've been told that they took out the beach balls to reduce the wait times. Seems that people kept playing with the balls before and after getting in the tires. That make the turns take longer.

Now, we zip for much longer distances and can really ram other tires. Before, we were so focused on getting the beach balls that we really didn't move all that much. However, I think it was much more fun with the beach balls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter