• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait Times

So in a few weeks we are going to Disney World! We are super excited since this our first time going since Fastpass+ has been released. I have a question though about the wait times on the MDE app. Are they accurate? If not, by how much are they usually off? Thanks in advance!

Maybe, maybe not.

Disney can inflate the wait times, if they want to. They often do this to attempt to direct crowd flow away from a ride for a variety of reasons. Like at closing when they want to discourage people from getting in line

Then other times they are off unintentionally for a few reasons
guests forget to turn in red cards
a huge run on an attration, like at Mickey in town square following a parade, and the wait times haven't updated because the guest with the red card hasn't registered with the CM inside yet

So in a few weeks we are going to Disney World! We are super excited since this our first time going since Fastpass+ has been released. I have a question though about the wait times on the MDE app. Are they accurate? If not, by how much are they usually off? Thanks in advance!
They're not bad if you're using the App to get an idea of the general pattern of wait times throughout the day over a series of days. But to be absolutely sure for one ride at one particular moment, the only way is to go through the line. It's just like in the park- sometimes they're very close, sometimes they're quite off if a big group just came in, or if fireworks just ended, or if a parade just went by...

Touring Plans has a wait times app that posts both Disney's predicted wait time and TP's predicted wait time for each ride. That is worth looking at, too.

Thanks for all the replies! I figured that it would be a little bit off, but hopefully they are close enough to have an idea of the wait times. Hoping that the crowds won't be too large this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter