Wait Times

OneThree

DIS Veteran
We just returned from five days at the DLR. Having been during spring break before we fully expected the crowds (though not the frequent and widespread issue with rides being down) and the long wait times for some rides but I have to admit, I was blown away by some of the wait times on rides I can’t fathom waiting as long as what was posted for. On various days we observed waits such as:
  • Dumbo - 80 minutes
  • Pinocchio - 90 minutes
  • Roger Rabbit - 120 minutes
  • Autopia - 120 minutes
  • Jumpin’ Jellyfish - 80 minutes
  • Silly Symphony Swings - 60 minutes
  • TSMM - 140 minutes
Full disclosure we have always used Fast Pass and now Lightning Lane but even without those options, I just can’t fathom waiting as long as many guests were clearly waiting.

What’s your limit? How long will you wait for a given attraction?

I’ve just gotten back from Tokyo Disney and their wait times were ludicrous. Times like 180min for Soarin. Who would stay in a line for that long? But they were.

I’ve just gotten back from Tokyo Disney and their wait times were ludicrous. Times like 180min for Soarin. Who would stay in a line for that long? But they were.
Do they have a version of genie+? Tokyo is a major bucket list item for me. Hope you had an amazing trip!!!

I have a hard time waiting for anything over 60 min. I have many times…it’s just not enjoyable at all anymore. Lol. It also depends on which attraction it is. When they get rid of the virtual queue for guardians at Epcot, I would be willing to wait longer for that, because I love it and want to ride it more than once with a ILL.

We usually go in January, the "off season" if that is really such a thing anymore. But looking at the wait times noted by the OP there is no way I would wait in those lines. I guess that is why we go in January. And will utilize Genie+

It was also raining most of the day today. As our tram mic operator said, "All of the rides today are water rides."
That’s true but there were several breaks later in the day. Almost no rain at all in the evening at DCA and we walked on about every ride.

Friday was crowded but wait times weren’t as long as previously mentioned.

Last edited:

DCA definitely had fewer crowds than DL. My hunch is that spring break visitors wanted to see DL.

We were there from 8 am to 10 pm. I'm pretty good about just throwing a hood over my head, but yesterday I used an umbrella for most of the day. It was also colder than I expected. I felt bad for the visitors who were wearing shorts under their rain ponchos.

DCA definitely had fewer crowds than DL. My hunch is that spring break visitors wanted to see DL.

We were there from 8 am to 10 pm. I'm pretty good about just throwing a hood over my head, but yesterday I used an umbrella for most of the day. It was also colder than I expected. I felt bad for the visitors who were wearing shorts under their rain ponchos.
I had on shorts under my poncho, it wasn’t too bad, although it was colder earlier in DL. It was actually nice last night in DCA and no rain if any between 6-10pm except a few light sprinkles and I was able to ditch the poncho.

Do they have a version of genie+? Tokyo is a major bucket list item for me. Hope you had an amazing trip!!!

I have a hard time waiting for anything over 60 min. I have many times…it’s just not enjoyable at all anymore. Lol. It also depends on which attraction it is. When they get rid of the virtual queue for guardians at Epcot, I would be willing to wait longer for that, because I love it and want to ride it more than once with a ILL.
They still have a free version and an ILL-like version as of late last year.

Tokyo Disneyland does have days they regularly sell out and very high wait times are not out of the norm.

My limit at Disneyland is 30 minutes. Anything more I will either buy Genie+, rope drop, or wait until close to closing. It also depends on the ride too. I won’t wait more than 10 minutes for Pirates, since it’s usually walk on by Fantasmic.

They still have a free version and an ILL-like version as of late last year.

Tokyo Disneyland does have days they regularly sell out and very high wait times are not out of the norm.

My limit at Disneyland is 30 minutes. Anything more I will either buy Genie+, rope drop, or wait until close to closing. It also depends on the ride too. I won’t wait more than 10 minutes for Pirates, since it’s usually walk on by Fantasmic.
My wait threshold is similar, about 30 minutes. Anything more than that would have to be for a special circumstance...for instance, we waited about an hour to ride Tower of Terror before it closed for the Guardians redo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter