• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waiting for April!!! PTR

Bell<3Disney

Mouseketeer
A big thanks to my friend Alison, who introduced me to Disboards when I was really sick and couldnt even get out of bed. Reading all of your trip reports helped me through the misery of the worst flu ever! :)

Ok, I have never done a trip report or pre trip report before so here goes.....

I am super excited about our next trip to Disneyland! My husband and I have been married for 3 1/2 years now and have been to Disneyland once a year since we got married. I was also fortunate enough to go once a year as a child, and Martin had been twice when he was four and six years old.

Let me introduce you to our exciting cast of characters for this trip, we are going with some really good friends and their 2 1/2 year old son. They are the only people we know who are as obsessed with Disney as we are :laughing:
So here we all are::grouphug:
I am Genee and my husband is Martin who is yes, 6ft tall and 120lbs, so if he's turned sideways you probably won't be able to see him
15138_103807146304896_100000268329103_93694_4482088_n.jpg

These are our friends Todd and Alison
ry%3D480

And this is their son Dylan
url]

Let me just say that he is pretty much the cutest little boy ever, and we love him soooo much! We are so excited to be going to Disneyland with him, and seeing how much fun he has.

So here is the planning we have so far....
We chose spring break because Alison works at a high school here in town, so she has to take time off around the school's schedule. We are a little nervous about the weather in April, we have heard that in the past it has either been really hot or really rainy. So who knows, either way we will make the best of it. Packing should be fun though!

We are leaving Saturday April 3rd and driving down to Bakersfield to spend Easter with Todd's family. They live about an hour north of Anaheim. We live in Redding so it will be nice not to have to make the full drive in one day. We will spend Saturday and Sunday night with Todds parents (who we really enjoy visiting with) and monday morning make the rest of the drive to Disneyland.
So far getting there has been the most stressful part of the planning to me. Neither of us have cars that would fit all of us, and renting a car would be way more than any of us wanted to spend. So we decided to take separate cars. However the car Martin and I had, up until a week ago, was a very old unreliable Honda that had over 215,000 miles on it and a overheating problem. We didn't trust it to make it all the way there without dying or causing us major problems along the way. Last week though, the car decided to fall to pieces in one day. We figured it was time to sell it and get a new one. So we now have a new car that we can drive to Disneyland in woo hoo!!!

Old Honda
url]

New Pontiac!!
url]

We all got together one night and decided the places we wanted to eat most, and where we should stay. The results were:
We are going to stay at the Quality Inn At the Park. From the pictures the rooms look nice, they were decent priced and it is close enough to the park to walk to and from. With a 2 1/2 year old Alison really wanted to make sure it was going to be easy for everyone to work around naps and stuff. This way no one is ever stuck without a car or anything.
And reservations for Rain Forest Cafe, ESPN Zone, Carnation Cafe (I think) and the Surfs Up Character Breakfast. The other must eat place is the sourdough breadbowl place in DCA soooo good but that doesnt require reservations.

The other thing we have decided to do is drive down to San Diego on Wed. Todd and Alison went to college there, and I just love the area, so I think we are going to go to the beach and all of Todd and Alisons favorite places. According to Todd the best burritos ever made are in a restraunt in San Diego so I am sure we will be going there at some point in the day. Sounds good to me!
Well I think thats all we have so far. Man, I was excited before, but thinking about it all enough to type it out has made me even more excited!!! I didn't think that was possible!!:yay:

Yay! You started a PTR! I apologize to you & Martin for starting your addiction to the Dis. I just felt like it was my duty (as a friend) to introduce you to something that could help you spend hours on the computer. :laughing:

I'm getting excited too!!!

Have great trip! It sounds like you guys are going to have a great time. I can't wait to hear about your trip. :goodvibes

Yay! You started a PTR! I apologize to you & Martin for starting your addiction to the Dis. I just felt like it was my duty (as a friend) to introduce you to something that could help you spend hours on the computer. :laughing:

I'm getting excited too!!!

Good job on introducing her to the DIS! :thumbsup2 You are a true friend. :teeth:

Does anyone know why my pictures are showing up as the link instead of just showing the picture?

Does anyone know why my pictures are showing up as the link instead of just showing the picture?

You need to add
to the end of the link.

We will be in DL during the same week. I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement as this is our 1st trip. :banana:

You need to add
to the end of the link.

We will be in DL during the same week. I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement as this is our 1st trip. :banana:

Thanks for reading my PTR! 1st trip, that is super exciting!!!! Have a great time, of course it is pretty much impossible not to when you are at the happiest place on earth!:hyper:

I'll be there right after you so I'm following along! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :)

I did the
in caps. Try that and see if it works for you. :goodvibes

I tried that and it didnt work, but when I went to quote you to write back, I copied your version of it, which looks just like mine, and pasted it into my ptr and it worked I dont get it. :confused:

I did the
in caps. Try that and see if it works for you. :goodvibes

I tried that and it didnt work, but when I went to quote you to write back, I copied your version of it, which looks just like mine, and pasted it into my ptr and it worked I dont get it. :confused:

This is so strange. What I did was drug your link into my post and added the
to your link. The other thing you could try is from wherever you have your pictures stored (flickr, Kodak, photobucket) click copy like you are doing now and instead of posting it strait to your PTR, look above the box where you are typing the post and to the right there is yellow tiny box with a mountain in it. Now click on the box and then paste the picture in the box. Make sure the http:// stays highlighted or you will have to type the
again. Did any of that make senses?

This is so strange. What I did was drug your link into my post and added the
to your link. The other thing you could try is from wherever you have your pictures stored (flickr, Kodak, photobucket) click copy like you are doing now and instead of posting it strait to your PTR, look above the box where you are typing the post and to the right there is yellow tiny box with a mountain in it. Now click on the box and then paste the picture in the box. Make sure the http:// stays highlighted or you will have to type the
again. Did any of that make senses?

Thats what I did originally I put the link in the little yellow box with the mountain.

We are soooo excited!!! I am working on trip planning today. I will probably call you later because there might be a couple of small changes, since Todd's parents probably want to come down on Tuesday. And this morning, Dylan keeps saying, "Call Genee." :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter