Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

When is it supposed to open? I am sure it was discussed at some point upthread. Too many to go through page by page, though.

LAX

Will they have a model room in Florida for this resort? I wasn't paying attention when Grand Californian was on sale.

I understand it’s still a way down the road. I tried contacting my DVC guide about the VDH with no response. Is there some type of interest list or waitlist to join regarding possibly purchasing?

I understand it’s still a way down the road. I tried contacting my DVC guide about the VDH with no response. Is there some type of interest list or waitlist to join regarding possibly purchasing?
I've had some response from my guide on it but only that it will happen some day and that there is a chance that having some points in the system could be helpful in getting first chance to purchase. I hope we'll be out of ROFR and have a member number soon so I can contact him again to update that we are now members and to add us to the contact us first list...... Overall no promises on anything as I'm 99% sure they don't even know yet :)

I don't think there's a designated list, but I talked with my new guide recently (my old one left DVC) and she is keeping a list of her people who are interested in VDH. I expect she'll touch base as soon as any information is officially released.

Honestly, based on Disney's increasing money-grabbing recently, I doubt I'll buy any more points. But it can't hurt to stay informed.

I think we can all be quite confident that everyone will hear about it when the time comes. When was the last time a new DVC property went on sale and you didn’t know all about?? There is no secret early bird list. There will be an on sale date for current members and then a second for everyone else just like all resorts in the past. We will get emails and snail mail, count on it.

Timeshare laws are different in California than in Florida; I think the on sale date will be very close to the opening date, and I don’t imagine Disney will officially have a wait list ahead of time.

It should be about 4 million points; you don’t have to worry about it selling out the first day, or week, or year.

Dredging up this thread to share these pics of our view from our recent DLH stay. They certainly put the right guest in this suite! 🤩😅

6A5A0F79-FA1B-497E-9954-949DD17C99AB.jpeg
5DDB0137-C63A-4612-8D15-63AE026FFCEA.jpeg
4D7A8412-1751-4033-9154-2E3FAE3A0403.jpeg
01F58B19-0E8F-4E2C-A9D4-400C0E9A8A7C.jpeg
A082E72E-1478-4F45-A5B8-7BEE9F517287.jpeg
We own contracts at VGC and don’t really want anymore DLR points (we’re local), but it was fun to get a closeup look! 😃

Dredging up this thread to share these pics of our view from our recent DLH stay. They certainly put the right guest in this suite! 🤩😅

We own contracts at VGC and don’t really want anymore DLR points (we’re local), but it was fun to get a closeup look! 😃
I was in DTD on Saturday and walked over to see the progress. Man is it close to the Monorail Pool. You don't really appreciate it until you see how tight and confined it makes the whole pool area feel. Tangaroa and Trader Sams will feel like they're in an atrium with no roof. Not to mention the beautiful views of Walnut Street and the Jefferey-Lynne apartments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter