Waiting for MNSSHP 2024 Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
The anticipation and planning is a big part of the fun for me. We can discuss and speculate here until the official thread starts later this year!
I will be attending my first MNSSHP in September! Super excited. It will be a huge juxtaposition compared to HHN that we are also doing.
After attending a couple, I will say definitely have a plan as to what you want to do during party hours. Despite what many blog articles say, the rides are definitely not "walk on" availability and many have 20-30 min wait times. Character meet and greets also take a while as well. So definitely make sure to have a plan as to what you want to prioritize.

After attending a couple, I will say definitely have a plan as to what you want to do during party hours. Despite what many blog articles say, the rides are definitely not "walk on" availability and many have 20-30 min wait times. Character meet and greets also take a while as well. So definitely make sure to have a plan as to what you want to prioritize.
I couldn't agree more, the night will get away from you if you don't have a plan.

I have never been to mnsshp and will be waiting anxiously as I celebrate a milestone birthday in park on August 16. Fingers crossed! Already had awesome success thrifting our disneybound Wanda and maleficent dresses. It will be a surprise for our teen aged daughter if 1. It occurs during our trip and 2. I don't spill the beans!

Tickets went on sale to resort guests on April 27th and to the general public on May 2nd last year. So should be around that time again this year.

We always go mid-end of September and rides for us have always pretty much been walk on, with the exception of SDMT. Last year we went the last week of October and it was a bit busier but still pretty much walk on. The characters will always have long waits since you’ve got ones that only come out for the parties and then the regular ones are in their Halloween costumes. The important thing to always remember is that you can never do it all in one night, you have to figure out what’s most important and plan that way.

We always go mid-end of September and rides for us have always pretty much been walk on, with the exception of SDMT. Last year we went the last week of October and it was a bit busier but still pretty much walk on. The characters will always have long waits since you’ve got ones that only come out for the parties and then the regular ones are in their Halloween costumes. The important thing to always remember is that you can never do it all in one night, you have to figure out what’s most important and plan that way.
We went to two parties last year and it allowed us to do everything we had planned and at a much more relaxed pace.

I'm curious - do you guys do a different park during the day, MK during the day, or no park (or something totally different) during the day?

I'm curious - do you guys do a different park during the day, MK during the day, or no park (or something totally different) during the day?
No park. We generally sleep late, have brunch, hit the pool, then starting getting into costumes and makeup around 1pm. We leave the hotel about 2/2:30ish, have a nice 'early dinner' at GF Cafe around 3/3:30ish, take some photos at the GF Photopass spot, and then get in the line for the party just after 4.

We went to EPCOT for a late lunch, then headed over to MK for the party. I wouldn't plan to 'do' a park the day of a party, but we are senior citizens!

I do Springs during the day -- wake up a bit later than I normally would, catch the first bus to Springs, maybe a matinee at AMC Theatres because it's a low-energy time sucker, some light lunch somewhere, and then back to the resort to get ready for the party. And I know this isn't best practice for most people, but I don't try to rush to be the first party guests in the Park when they open the gates at 4 PM. I always tire myself out before Midnight and miss out on some party-exclusive fun!

I've been in communication with the creator of the amazing 'Official' threads and she has confirmed they will be created again this year!! (Thank you @monique5!!!)

For now she's enjoying a well deserved break from all that the 'Official' threads entail as she maintains them over 9 months out of the year and they involve a lot of time and updates.

Until then - we're all chatting here as we wait.

We'll be sure to post a link to the 'Official' thread once it's up and running!

Last edited:

We don’t do a park, we relax at the resort. We usually do an ADR for a late lunch at Steakhouse 71(and before it opened a restaurant on the monorail loop) and walk over after.

i did not do a park last year. But I think I am going to add a MK park day before the party this year. I would rather go in the mid morning and do stuff... then take a break to get ready... and then come back at 6... instead of trying to get in at 4 and fight the crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter