Waiting Game

It really is a test of your nerves!!

We have recently had resale BWV points loaded. The DIS DVC forums kept me going - especially the ROFR thread. I kept calculating how long others had waited between each of the stages - but it still seemed tantalisingly slow! Good luck!!

I’m embarrassingly early in the process of ROFR and closing and it is already driving me mad. How did you pass the time?
Reading everything I can about DVC. Coming up with backup plans for alternate purchases once they inevitably take my contract, etc. Watching DVC you tubers. Researching about banking, borrowing, booking.

We are 16 days into ROFR.

This is how you pass the time waiting for ROFR:
Just search the resale listing, since you made an offer there will now be tons of listings you like better. Then you will no longer care if it gets taken.

Of course if it does get taken, all those better offers will be gone.

OTOH if it doesn't get taken, then you can start fussing about waiting for closing, then waiting for points to get loaded.

I’m embarrassingly early in the process of ROFR and closing and it is already driving me mad. How did you pass the time?

There are lots of fun tours of DVC rooms on Youtube and various websites. That helps.

I'm 45 days in, and it is taking FOREVER. We have passed ROFR, but don't have our closing documents yet.

Now we might want a second smaller contract at Beach Club. This wait might get expensive.

Welcome Welcome - I’m on day 42 of ROFR. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Now we might want a second smaller contract at Beach Club. This wait might get expensive.
LOL, yes I agree! The ROFR wait time is tricky like that...you create all the "back up" plans and then they become more than the back up...you want them all. :rotfl2:

It’s funny the roller coaster that goes from the first few days you put in being rough. Then those days where you cold hear anytime also being rough. But here we are.

I put "ROFR wait" on a daily repeat on my iPad calendar until we get the news. Deleting it each day keeps me hoping, and it's a rush when we get good news. That's when I hit "Delete all future events."

And today IS THAT DAY! We passed ROFR on 50 at BWV! Only took 25 days, so maybe that'll encourage some of you who've not been waiting that long.

I put "ROFR wait" on a daily repeat on my iPad calendar until we get the news. Deleting it each day keeps me hoping, and it's a rush when we get good news. That's when I hit "Delete all future events."

And today IS THAT DAY! We passed ROFR on 50 at BWV! Only took 25 days, so maybe that'll encourage some of you who've not been waiting that long.
That is so great! We are on day 25 as well. At the beginning folks told us we should have no problem CCV at 169 a point. But I just saw one go the other day, I think it was $164 a point, but too close for comfort. Hoping for some news this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter