Waiting (in)patiently for 18th April! What are your Disney plans in 2025?

nursejackie

DIS Veteran
We had to postpone from 2024 (exams) so now we're travelling August 2025. In 2024 it was to be 13 nights at POR, but it's changed now to 8 nights POR and 5 nights Polynesian. Not great to have a split stay with free dining as you lose out, but it's special birthday trip :D

What you you all planning?

Well, never a bad thing going to Poly!
We are going there this year on DVC points, did that last year too.
Our trip this year is Boardwalk for 4 nights and then 5 at Poly and 7 at Animal Kingdom Lodge club level
Next year will be similar resorts as we like to do Food and Wine at Boardwalk, Poly for MK and some fine dining around Monorail loop and then chill at our favourite resort AKV and slow pace down a bit.
Are you in cash poly rooms? Points might be cheaper?

Well, never a bad thing going to Poly!
We are going there this year on DVC points, did that last year too.
Our trip this year is Boardwalk for 4 nights and then 5 at Poly and 7 at Animal Kingdom Lodge club level
Next year will be similar resorts as we like to do Food and Wine at Boardwalk, Poly for MK and some fine dining around Monorail loop and then chill at our favourite resort AKV and slow pace down a bit.
Are you in cash poly rooms? Points might be cheaper?
Lucky you, I love the deluxe resorts! We rented points for many years, but next year it's Disney hotel/ticket option with free dining for POR direct with Disney and a cash booking at Poly. I discounted renting points again, but seeing as though I don't get any incentive on the 5 nights at Poly via Disney's website, I might head over to David's now to check out the price for renting in the last week in August.

Last edited:

Have you considered using a dvc rental site for your poly booking.

It's possible that the money you can save will counter the free dining. Not saying from experience but it's something I'm looking into.

But it will need to be booked a little later. So maybe book with small deposit and then see what they have available at another time?

Edit: I literally only read the first post and jumped ahead lmao! Sorry about that

I have but it's the risk of firstly, the room not being available at 11 month window, then I can't book a standard room the regular way, and second, it's non-refundable. We did it for years, but I now feel more secure booking direct with Disney for £50 each until 56 days before travel when the rest of the balance is due. The Poly is non-negotiable for my travel buddy's birthday celebration, so I think the worry until September would not be worth the saving. I'm sure others would disagree but I don't think it's for me on this occasion.
I literally only read the first post and jumped ahead lmao! Sorry about that

:D

I have but it's the risk of firstly, the room not being available at 11 month window, then I can't book a standard room the regular way, and second, it's non-refundable. We did it for years, but I now feel more secure booking direct with Disney for £50 each until 56 days before travel when the rest of the balance is due. The Poly is non-negotiable for my travel buddy's birthday celebration, so I think the worry until September would not be worth the saving. I'm sure others would disagree but I don't think it's for me on this occasion.

:D
You could always book with Disney and then cancel if you find a DVC rental? Just an idea. I get the worry about it being non-refundable though.

We’re planning on a 21 night stay in May. We’ll have to stay in a hotel 1 night, then we’re planning on a 3 night Disney cruise and then stay at POFQ for the rest of the trip. Just debating now wether to book direct with Disney and then book flights separate, or wether to try booking through Ever After Holidays.

21 nights sounds amazing. I haven't been to Orlando for more than 18 nights in the past, when the 21 day ticket was available (in the good old days 😪 )

We always booked our flights separately, direct with the airline when released 11 months before travel, as we rented DVC points up until 2017. Haven't heard of Ever After Holidays, will check them out 👍

21 nights sounds amazing. I haven't been to Orlando for more than 18 nights in the past, when the 21 day ticket was available (in the good old days 😪 )

We always booked our flights separately, direct with the airline when released 11 months before travel, as we rented DVC points up until 2017. Haven't heard of Ever After Holidays, will check them out 👍
I haven’t used them yet, but people on facebook seem pretty happy with them and they do seem to offer good prices. Also a lot of the people who work for them have been CM’s at Disney. Only downside is you have to book on the phone. But if you’re a member of a facebook group called “Disney Onsite UK Guests” you’ll get a discount on your booking too.

Does anyone know how much it would be for kids and adults to upgrade from the 1 meal at the value resort to the QS DDP? I have seen people say £30 for adults but unsure about kids.

If you go through the booking process now on the official site and buy the DDP the difference for children is £5. The QS per child is £19.99 and DDP (with 1 TS and 1 QS) is £24.99. Adult is £30 per night more. Who knows what it will be on Thursday though 🤔

Attraction tickets has same holidays it says 10%off too.
If booking with official Disney use Quidco or other cash back site to get a few hundred off.

Very pleased to see my AK Lodge DVC is still worth it, this new offer is £6.8k for 14-29/8/25, my room is~£2k and no way I’d spend even £3k on food. I’d be sick of eating by then 🤣

If you rented from these boards you might get it at $20pp and would cost you 200points so $4k or £3.25k so that might be where you need to judge what’s best for you.

It was a distastrous morning for me. I joined the queue at 6.50am, then finally got onto the site, for glitches to constantly tell me I need to start holiday search again. After about 15 minutes I managed to get through to the payment part and after putting my card details in the page timed out! Was it booked for not? I didn't receive a confirmation email, but my credit card showed a pending £100 charge. I tried to contact Disney by phone but after an hour in the queue they cut me off. I then decided to ring my bank but they were no help, so I decided to book again. I had already joined the queue so when my turn came I booked again and finally got my first hotel (8 nights POR), then tried to book my second resort (5 nights) only to find there aren't any standard view rooms available at Polynesian. I am not entitled to the free DDP on the second resort, so was surprised the rooms didn't show up. I am gutted and the whole day has been a big disappointment.

How did you all fare?

Managed to book our first choice at Yacht club with tickets but no flights. We are doing a split stay ourselves for the first time, but with Universal for 3 nights before we move onto Disney property. Flights to book later in the year. First time we are booking things independently as usually go with a package from Virgin so we were a little nervous but things went to plan for us although had a 3 hour wait in the queue.

Was in the queue from around 5.30am - finally got in at 8.22am - site was slow and I was timed out a couple of times but it went straight back in, booked Beach Club for ten nights then went to the universal site and booked four nights at the LRP - still have the flights to book but they won’t be available for a few months yet - price comparable to our last trip (2023) with the added benefit of free dining - so quite surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter