• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waiting on endless hold…

Naomeri

DIS Veteran
is slowly destroying my brain! Why can’t Universal let us modify/cancel online? I called as soon as I got settled at work, and I’m currently at 2h23m and counting. 😭😭😭 I think I can recite the hold messages by heart. All because I decided to give Universal more of my money by buying a preferred AP and switching to an AP rate at Aventura.

editing to add: finally got through after 2 hours and 47 minutes

Last edited:
Is it a package or room only? I called RPR directly and was able to talk to someone in about 5-10 minutes including being transferred. I was adding a room request.

Is it a package or room only? I called RPR directly and was able to talk to someone in about 5-10 minutes including being transferred. I was adding a room request.
It was a package. The gal I finally got was super nice, and got everything taken care of for me, including making sure I still got my shuttle booked, in just about 10 minutes.

Sorry to hear that! Now that you have your AP, you can book your next room online and manage it online too!

It was a package. The gal I finally got was super nice, and got everything taken care of for me, including making sure I still got my shuttle booked, in just about 10 minutes.
They must be insane busy. Do you tweet? Universal has a super responsive Twitter account. Maybe tweet them what you just said about the hold time cause you wanna give them money

I’m having the same issue. Called three days in a row and gave up after an hour. With the call volume and presumably staffing issues they have you would think they’d let you make changes online.

They must be insane busy. Do you tweet? Universal has a super responsive Twitter account. Maybe tweet them what you just said about the hold time cause you wanna give them money
I Facebook messaged them, and they said “try at 8 am when we open”. That’s very helpful when their 8 am is my 7 am. I feel sorry for anyone trying to call from the west coast

I’m having the same issue. Called three days in a row and gave up after an hour. With the call volume and presumably staffing issues they have you would think they’d let you make changes online.
To do that they would need to change the online system to allow that. Thinking that finding people to re do their website isn't high priority right now. They are just trying to keep the people fed and the lights on right now

I Facebook messaged them, and they said “try at 8 am when we open”. That’s very helpful when their 8 am is my 7 am. I feel sorry for anyone trying to call from the west coast
Well, yeah. Not really much different than people staying up to 2am their time to book fast passes on the Disney site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter