Waitlist for Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian - best room odds?

ngl

DIS Veteran
Creating a waitlist for a trip to CA. What type of room has the best "odds" of clearing at Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian? (We have stayed at both previously and happy to do either and not concerned about points as we have not used many this year and last). Only 2 of us but whatever has the most units of a specific type I assume is the one we would want to waitlist to give us the best odds of it clearing? Thanks in advance!

I’d say easily VDH, significantly more rooms than VGC. There are 23 studios at VGC but 253 at VDH. However I don’t know which view has more rooms at VDH to book.

Reactions: ngl
I’d say easily VDH, significantly more rooms than VGC. There are 23 studios at VGC but 253 at VDH. However I don’t know which view has more rooms at VDH to book.
Most of VDH is not declared for points bookings, so the numbers are a little misleading.

The initial declaration for The Villas at Disneyland Hotel included a total of 61 rooms of the following types:

• Duo Studio: 8
  • Dedicated Studio: 48
  • Dedicated One Bedroom: 1
  • Lockoff Two Bedroom: 1
  • Dedicated Two Bedroom: 2
  • Grand Villa: 1
Which is still more dedicated studios than VGC has but it is not 200+ either. If one wants a studio, waitlist VDH. If you want a 1 or 2BR, waitlist VGC.

We honestly would take any room if we can use our points. I waitlisted studio at VDH and 1 bedroom at VGC so will see if any works out. Thanks so much!

If you waitlist for a Preferred Studio at VDH, I'd say your chances are pretty high and would be your best shot! Lots of that room type!

Most of VDH is not declared for points bookings, so the numbers are a little misleading.

The initial declaration for The Villas at Disneyland Hotel included a total of 61 rooms of the following types:

• Duo Studio: 8
  • Dedicated Studio: 48
  • Dedicated One Bedroom: 1
  • Lockoff Two Bedroom: 1
  • Dedicated Two Bedroom: 2
  • Grand Villa: 1
Which is still more dedicated studios than VGC has but it is not 200+ either. If one wants a studio, waitlist VDH. If you want a 1 or 2BR, waitlist VGC.
Which is even better for when they make declarations it adds rooms which could be freely able to grab.

Which is even better for when they make declarations it adds rooms which could be freely able to grab.
Thanks again for all this information. Is there any set time or prediction when they make declarations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter