Waitlist Question

MaryKM

Mouseketeer
I am hoping someone who knows about waitlisting could help me with this question/situation. Getting through to Member Services today is not looking good and I am feeling a little eager to book this reservation before it disappears.

I had to cancel a trip in September due to a family emergency and subsequently have 60 points to use by Feb 28.

I am hoping to get a 3 night stay the weekend of my daughter's birthday in January, but there are no rooms available right now, so I waitlisted the dates we want at Poly.
There is a three night stay available ( at a different resort) in February that would work, but it's not my first choice of dates.
So here are my questions:
Can I book the Feb dates and keep the waitlist for Poly?
If the waitlist comes through, will I have an irreversible point problem? I am worried the Feb. dates will use my "use them or lose them" points that have to be used by Feb, and then, if the wait list comes through, the points will be taken from my banked points, and then I won't be able to switch it so that I use my "must use" points instead.

Oy. That's hard to explain. I hope it makes sense.
Thank you!

I am hoping someone who knows about waitlisting could help me with this question/situation. Getting through to Member Services today is not looking good and I am feeling a little eager to book this reservation before it disappears.

I had to cancel a trip in September due to a family emergency and subsequently have 60 points to use by Feb 28.

I am hoping to get a 3 night stay the weekend of my daughter's birthday in January, but there are no rooms available right now, so I waitlisted the dates we want at Poly.
There is a three night stay available ( at a different resort) in February that would work, but it's not my first choice of dates.
So here are my questions:
Can I book the Feb dates and keep the waitlist for Poly?
If the waitlist comes through, will I have an irreversible point problem? I am worried the Feb. dates will use my "use them or lose them" points that have to be used by Feb, and then, if the wait list comes through, the points will be taken from my banked points, and then I won't be able to switch it so that I use my "must use" points instead.

Oy. That's hard to explain. I hope it makes sense.
Thank you!
When did you create the January WL? Just today? Then I would cancel it, make the February reservation and set up the January WL to replace the February reservation. If you made the WL a while ago and don't want to lose your spot in line, you can leave it alone and let it book with the banked points if the WL comes through. You can then cancel your February reservation and change your January reservation online (choose to change the reservation but keep the same dates) and you'll be able to select the "must use" points to book with. Be careful to do it 31 days before the January reservation starts or the points that are used for originally making the January reservation will go into holding.

Oh gosh thank you so much. I haven't done this before and am so grateful for your info!

I did just make the waitlist last night, so I don't have much advantage as far as my place in line goes. I assume by your post that I can set up the replacement WL online, so I will head off and do that now. Thanks again!

Oh gosh thank you so much. I haven't done this before and am so grateful for your info!

I did just make the waitlist last night, so I don't have much advantage as far as my place in line goes. I assume by your post that I can set up the replacement WL online, so I will head off and do that now. Thanks again!
Yes. The system will ask you if you want to replace an existing reservation with the WL. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter