• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waitlist Questions - help please

dromio42

Mouseketeer
I haven't made a reservation since the rules changed last year. Can anyone give me a refresher on the 'new' wait list procedures? For example: Do I have to waitlist an entire stay rather than day dy day? Is there a limit to the number of wait lists you can be on? If I am waitlisted at AKV and Boardwalk and if one comes in does the other stay on a waitlist or is it erased?

Any general advice or strategies would be appreciated.

FYI - we usually travel in early December. OKW is our home resort and we tend to split our stays...for fun!

Thanks

I made a split reservation at Beach Club and OKW for January because I could not get all the nights at BC. I asked if I could wait list each night and was told I could not.

You can only have two waitlists active at a time, even if you are trying to schedule two or more trips.

If one of the two comes through, the other will be canceled (if it was for the same dates as the one that came through). You can call back and ask to get back on the canceled one if you prefer that one, but you go to the bottom of that waitlist.

You may have to specify a booking category for your waitlists. Each booking category is a separate reservation and thus would be a separate waitlist. For example, at the BCV, you could not waitlist for any two bedroom, because there are 3 different booking categories for 2 bedroom villas at that resort - dedicated w 2Q, dedicated w 1Q & a sleep sofa and lock off. You would have to pick two of the 3 for your waitlists.

You can reserve individual days towards your stay (if available), but since you can only have 2 waitlists active, it limits the "holes" you can waitlist to fill.

You can't waitlist individual days separately if they are "next" to each other. For example, if you wanted 10/9 and 10/10, you can only waitlist them as a pair/2 day waitlist. Can't waitlist for each day separately.

Those are the rules as I understand them.

Thanks you Mickey1717 and CarolMN that was very clear. Any thoughts on what works best? Short stays weekend stays? etc.?

My question is when it comes through, where do I find out? I can pull up my reservations on the dvcmember site, is that where I check? Will it just have new information there one day when it comes through? :confused3 Thanks!

I don't know if the website would update, tho I would assume so, but I was told by Member Services earlier this week that I would receive a new letter if there was a change to my ressie.

And as previously posted, the category of room is part of the waitlist; eg: we are waitlisted to a Standard View Studio at BWV and a Standard View Studio at BLT.

My question is when it comes through, where do I find out? I can pull up my reservations on the dvcmember site, is that where I check? Will it just have new information there one day when it comes through? :confused3 Thanks!
Yes, check the members' website. The new reservation will show there as soon as it's made.

You will also get a new letter in the snail mail, but that can take up to 2 weeks to arrive. Most of us just check the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter