Waitlist Strategy.

KNWVIKING

DIS Veteran
I called MS at 7 month window to change ressie from OKW to BWV, (10 day stay). They had six of ten nites open,but nothing more then 2 days consecutive. What I did was request to be waitlisted. Should I have booked the six available nites -even though they were randomly spotted throughout the 10 day total & hoped for the four nites to fill in, or waitlist for the entire 10 nites ?

That far in advance, I'm always confident that the waitlist will work (for any date) and would have accepted the available dates and waitlisted for the other 4 nites.

If you have not done "auto- reserve"- where MS will automatically reserve for you when/if the dates become available- you should consider that also. Otherwise they have to try to call you and the dates may be taken before reaching you.

You can also auto-reserve for each date- so it will be made for you when it becomes available- again without needing a verbal confirmation in advance. This is tough on those with a narrow comfort zone for reservations, but will work most of the time. We have done it several times- always with success.

Good Luck!

..is there any up-date/status info MS can supply me with about where I stand on the waitlist. For instance,if I were to call once a month or so could they tell me if I were next in line or 35th down on the list for my requested dates ?

I think they can give you an idea of where you are on the list. If you are still more than 5 months out, I'd consider taking what is available tomorrow and still do an auto-reserve for the rest.

I've been FRANTICALLY calling for our waitlist that's for 11/22 (T-Gving day) for our 11/22 - 11/28 stay at OKW - they will tell me NOTHING regarding the waitlist - they say that CANNOT see the waitlist, hence can't see where you stand on it (very frustrating) - however, I know that when I called on a Friday - (they are closed Sat & Sun) and there was availability for ALL our dates. Then on Monday I called and there was no availability and then our cousin didn't make the ressies till the next day - Tuesday - and hence we are waitlisted for that first day (T-Giving). ** Mind you this was all just done like 1 1/2 weeks ago ... **

I've been calling everyday and they keep telling me -- "waitlist is still pending ...." - and it was supposed to be "autoconfirm" - however now they are trying to say it's on a "call back" (something about since we are less than 31 days away from the trip) and I'm like NO! Make it autoconfirm!!! So they did (mind you I'm "not" the member so for them to even speak to me sometimes takes some hanging up and calling back). But anyway - I have very little faith that the waitlist will open but that's alright - we have CSR booked so we can just stay there the first night - but I'd hate to move personally.

Hoping the waitlist comes through!!!! :)

Once within 30 days, the waitlist is cancelled and you MUST request to be placed back on it. You can still use autoconfirm...and probably should, as any cancels are likely to be grabbed pretty quickly.

The list cancels again at 7 days, so you again need to ask to be placed back on. I'd sure suggest calling daily at this point.

Good Luck!

I agree with Doc. I'd get what you can and wait list the rest. The problem is that it's unlikely all of your dates will come available at one time. The wait list can be done for a day by day or by a group of days. What's best depends on the situation, timing and points being used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter