Waitlist Strategy

MerlinandtheMouse

DIS Veteran
Hi! So I’m starting my planning for an early December trip much later than I really should be so I know I’m already asking for a lot haha

I’m just looking to see what your strategy would be for trying to get a room, in this case a CCV studio (don’t even say it I already know it’s going to be very difficult 😅) for a 5-6 nights. Our CCV contract only finalized 2 weeks ago, a few weeks later than I had expected due to some seller closing delays so I completely missed any chance for those December dates.

I’m currently waitlisting 2 back-to-back nights and checking obsessively to see if anything happens to pop up in that 2 week timeframe we’re hoping to stay (I can be a bit flexible as to the exact 5-6 nights). My thought is single nights are more likely to pop up than if I waitlist the entire stay, and once I get a night or two I can base my trip around whatever dates I can get that are close enough together and just continue to waitlist the filler nights as needed. So far nothing, although it’s only been about 2 weeks since I started looking and waitlisting.

I guess what I’m looking for is if you think I should change my waitlist strategy from single nights to either the whole stay or maybe a 2-3 nights, per waitlist. Also, if you’re familiar with CCV, do you think it’s better to go for the studios with a walk-in shower or the standard? I figure the walk-in shower ones are more popular but I believe there’s more of them so a higher chance, right?

I’m actually curious what most people’s waitlist strategies are in general; what have you found to be most successful, if anything? Appreciate any wise words you might have for me!

Could you wait list each night you are hoping for? To give yourself the earliest/easiest chance? Then once they start c coming through and can attach to each other, then you can call Member Services and have them join them together.

Could you wait list each night you are hoping for? To give yourself the earliest/easiest chance? Then once they start c coming through and can attach to each other, then you can call Member Services and have them join them together.
Yep, that’s how I was hoping it would happen! I have 2 separate nights waitlisted right now but I wonder if it might be better to waitlist 2-3 night in one go for one waitlist and another 2-3 nights for another waitlist, maybe covering more dates.

For that resort and that room size in December, I’d keep it the way you have it and keep stalking.

One nights willl fill the fastest because you only need that one night to open and it’s yours unless someone is ahead of you for that same night.

Waitlists are all or nothing so the more days, you have, the harder it is.

For that resort and that room size in December, I’d keep it the way you have it and keep stalking.

One nights willl fill the fastest because you only need that one night to open and it’s yours unless someone is ahead of you for that same night.

Waitlists are all or nothing so the more days, you have, the harder it is.
Yeah that’s what I assumed, glad to get some reassurance on my thought process, thank you!

I contemplated just going with a 1bdrm but it’ll likely only be 2, maybe 3, of us and I would have to borrow more than I want for the length of stay we want so I’m just going to keep hoping I’ll painstakingly get the nights one by one over the next 8 or 9 months or so🤞🏼

Yeah that’s what I assumed, glad to get some reassurance on my thought process, thank you!

I contemplated just going with a 1bdrm but it’ll likely only be 2, maybe 3, of us and I would have to borrow more than I want for the length of stay we want so I’m just going to keep hoping I’ll painstakingly get the nights one by one over the next 8 or 9 months or so🤞🏼
I admire you.... we are the type of people that routinely book 1 BR for 1 night stays....

I admire you.... we are the type of people that routinely book 1 BR for 1 night stays....
Haha if it was only for 2-3 nights I would have definitely gotten a 1 bdrm but we’re prioritizing a slightly longer stay for this trip and that means a cheaper room. My ultimate goal is to have enough points to do a 5-7 night stay in a 1bdrm in all our home resorts so we don’t have to worry about the 11mo battle as often, specifically at high demand times….might take a few more years before we get there though 😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter