Waitlist Success?

collegeprogram01

Mouseketeer
HI!

Just joined the DVC this past April. We decided to do a quick trip for 3 nights towards to the end of September and are wait listed on both the Grand Floridian Resort Studio and the Bay lake Studio…both lake view. I was told by member services that they have more lake view room than any other options. Has anyone had good success with being on a waitlist and do you think I have enough time between now and the 21st of September to get a room?

Thanks!!

Are you wait listing your entire stay?

I waitlisted one night at Bay Lake tower for early October. I was able to get 3 other nights at BLT just by searching and refreshing constantly for a couple of weeks. I was not able to get that first night in a studio, but I booked a 1 bedroom, but about 3 weeks later the waitlist for that 1 night came through.

I would assume a multi night stay would be harder to get. I would recommend searching multiple times a day on the DVC site to see what is available. You also might find like me, that some of the nights of the stay were easy to get at some locations but one night was borderline impossible to get, that night that was borderline impossible to get I waitlisted. Also don't be afraid to book Saratoga, or animal kingdom lodge or any other location so at least you have somewhere to stay if those other waitlists don't come through.

Are you wait listing your entire stay?

I waitlisted one night at Bay Lake tower for early October. I was able to get 3 other nights at BLT just by searching and refreshing constantly for a couple of weeks. I was not able to get that first night in a studio, but I booked a 1 bedroom, but about 3 weeks later the waitlist for that 1 night came through.

I would assume a multi night stay would be harder to get. I would recommend searching multiple times a day on the DVC site to see what is available. You also might find like me, that some of the nights of the stay were easy to get at some locations but one night was borderline impossible to get, that night that was borderline impossible to get I waitlisted. Also don't be afraid to book Saratoga, or animal kingdom lodge or any other location so at least you have somewhere to stay if those other waitlists don't come through.
Thank you!! I’ll keep an eye out….every resort for those nights are booked. I just joined the DVC this past April and I am very surprised that September is this booked!

thanks again for the reply and info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter