• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waitlist Support Group...who want's to join?

I just snagged a studio at OKW, near HH for Oct 6th (the last night I need). Unfortunately, the rest of my reservation is not near HH, so while I have a place to stay, I'll have to move every night if I don't find something else.

Managed to get a 1BR at BWV for our 1st two days. Not BCV, but next best thing! Plus we have never gone to the BW so we will get to do that too. Still having to plan around a 3 resort stay, but I have enough time to manage that and maybe it won't be so bad :laughing:

We are planning a 4-night visit at the end of August and I have been checking studio availability several times a day. Two weeks ago, only Saratoga Springs had consecutive nights available. Every few days, availability has changed and so has our reservation! We are really hoping a VWL studio becomes available :yay:

Just checked the website again and my waitlist came through. I didnt think it would but I am thrilled. Booked 11 months in advance at BWV and then decided to add another night (Nov 10). :cool1::cool1:

We decided too, to add Nov 10th at BWV. We were on the wait list for about a week when it came through:cool1: I was shocked. I never thought we would get it. I had one at BWV and a back up wait list at OKW. So glad BWV came through:cool1:

I'm hoping for BLT for Marathon week in January.pixiedust: If it doesn't come through at about 5 months out, I will try to get into something that is.

We are planning a 4-night visit at the end of August and I have been checking studio availability several times a day. Two weeks ago, only Saratoga Springs had consecutive nights available. Every few days, availability has changed and so has our reservation! We are really hoping a VWL studio becomes available :yay:

what are your dates? I have been looking around Aug 25-29 and SSR is available, but so is AKV and OKW.

Lots of happy stories on here. Hopefully mine will be, too. My friends son was born on my birthday, so in February they invited me along for our early December birthday trip to DLR ... and yes, 10 months out, the entire weekend was booked solid at the VGC.
Have been waitlisted for a studio since early February, 7 month window came and went, and no movement (except the 2 bedrooms that were left got snapped up, but I didn't have that many points).
So I'll book off-site and hope that it'll move at the 30 day mark someone will let go of one of those studios! (Dec 6-9, VGC) If not, maybe I can talk the Marriott into upgrading us to concierge again ... :upsidedow

Just got my waitlist for a SV studio at BLT for Dec 7 to the 9th. Was surprised that it came through before the LV but happy to have saved a few points!!

This waitlist/stalking availability thing is such a roller coaster. :lmao:

My DH was checking availability this evening and 2 nights at BLT-lake view studio showed up available, so I grabbed them! So, right now, we have 2 nights at AKV, 1 night in a 1 bdrm at SSR, and 2 nights at BLT.

We changed our waitlists to AKV-Jambo savannah view studio and BLT lake view studio for Sat, Oct 6th. Of course, we'll keep looking for a studio anywhere for that night since we are going to have to move no matter what.

Decided to book trip for Aug 21-29 and got BLT lake view studio for a couple of days. The WL came through for a couple more in less than 24 hours - have now been waiting weeks for the last day Aug 23. If it doesn't come through we will just go over to our house on the west coast and open it enough to stay the night but would really like to get that last night. Now DD wants to stay there a couple of nights also so have new WLs for the 25 26 &27th. Got the 24th and 28th. They have reservations at POR already but are willing to do a split stay so hope we can get a couple of the days preferably together as changing every day makes no sense. I check the DVC site a couple of times a day hoping to see something turn up there but so far no luck. Have the days waitlisted individually since that seems to offer a better chance of getting them. At least I hope it does. Have two contracts so can have 4 WLs going.

So far I've been very happy with my wait list. We booked 10 days for F&W, but wanted to add on a few days at the beginning so we would have two full weekends. I wait listed one day at a time, and so far we have added two days and we are trying for a third. Good luck everyone!

So crazy as we are... Headed to AK Kidani aug 15-23rd and there are 9 of us.... I was sad to think about missing The food and wine festival when suddenly southwest came out with an awesome deal... Husband is wonderful and said Let's Go since our AP doesn't expire till the end of October. So off we go on a few of next years borrowed points but oh so worth it.. Only problem now is hoping a wait list pops through for 9/28 or we have no where to stay... OKW booked 9/29-10/2.... Hope the okw comes thru for 9/28

Was checking waitlist daily as well as availability and then on Tuesday found the last day I needed was available so booked it and then found three days for the other group going with us who decided they wanted to stay at BLT. Don't know if I would have gotten them if I waited for them to be filled automatically. Still have a few more days so will be checking the availability several times a day. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

We are still waiting on our waitlist for Sat, Oct 5th, but we were able to find a standard view studio at AKV for that night, so we officially got rid of the 1 bedroom. That's a positive!

So, we've made it to be at only 2 resorts for the week, but we are still trying to get either the savannah view studio at AKV or the lake view studio at BLT for Saturday night, but I was able to change both waitlists to 7 days since we got the studio.

It will be nice to book our May 2014 trip in about a week without having to worry about waitlists (until we decide to move or split stay at 7 months). :thumbsup2

Hi All,

We're booked at OKW in a 2 bedroom for Dec. 3-10th (7 of us), but we're waitlisted at BWV and AKV.

I'm really hoping one of ours will come through!!!
Good luck to all of you too!

Wait listed BLT theme park view studio or 1 bedroom for December 30th right at the 7 month mark.
I know it's a dream !!!!
We are booked at BCV right now but would like our first night at BLT for the fireworks :cloud9:

:wizard:

Yay! You guys are giving me hope! We are currently booked for AKV 11/14-11/23 but we are waitlisted at VWL for the last 2 nights of that stay. One of our home resorts is VWL (since 2001) but we have only stayed there once because we tend to plan these trip kind of late in the year. We have 5 months for this to come through. Fingers crossed!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter