Waitlisted for BLT, but now getting excited for AKV

tofubeast

DIS Veteran
I am waitlisted for October at BLT. Want to stay there due to having a toddler and proximity to MK.

The person we rented from was able to get AKL Kidani studio with savanna view. We will have our car with us. After looking online at the pool and seeing the rooms, I am wondering if I shouldn't even care anymore if I don't get BLT. We toured AKL once while eating at Boma and I told myself I wanted to stay there one day. Well, I guess that day will be in October.

So who here thinks I should not care about my BLT wait-list and just be amazed by AKV? :thumbsup2

We stayed at both last week and were happy at both. We also had our car and think everyone else at AKV had theirs too because there were times when finding a parking spot was difficult. BLT definitely has easier transportation options, but the pool at AKV is so much better. The savanna view is pretty fantastic and there seems to be more resort activities at AKV. We would stay again at either one!

If you've never done AKV before I'd say try it once.
Especially since you have your car there and not mind using it for park transportation.

Now, we have 2 toddlers and definitely prefer BLT. I was stalking BLT room at 7mo trying to get a whole week (we got it! Totally got pixie dusted :) ). But if you've never tried AKV and have always wanted to do it, then have fun!!!
The zero entry pool there I think is amazing. But our family is more a park family than pool family. So proximity to MK is essential.

Have fun at either place :)

We have stayed at AK Kadani three times and loved it. Since you will have your car you can park underneath and take the elevator to your room. The pool and play area are awesome. Sanna restaurant is very goo too.

AKV is awesome!!! We loved it. We stayed in December so it was all decorated for Christmas too. Amazing.

BLt is convenient but I think lacks the "atmosphere" some of the other resorts have.

We love both but you can't beat AKV if you have kids with you!

AKV is an impressive place - cool pools - neat eateries and bars - don't have any small ones but have heard great things about the community rooms

We are in the same boat. We did not cancel our wait list, we will take it if it happens but if not, we will be just as happy.

My home resort is BLT, but my favorite is AKV. The place is awesome!! We're staying at both this summer again. Savannah view is so cool and the Pools at Kidani and Jambo are fantastic. Since you have a car, I would defintely give Kidani a try!

I love the location of BLT but I love AKV for the resort itself particularly Jambo House which is just magnificent. If your waitlist doesn't come through you and your children will "be amazed" by AKV. You are still a long way out though. It is very possible that blt will come through.pixiedust:

Thanks everyone. Looks like I win either way! And you are right, it's still 7 months away. I might find I want OFF the waitlist. :thumbsup2

If you have a child in a stroller and like to do late hours at MK, there is no substitute for simply pushing your stroller back to the room at BLT without getting on a boat, bus, or monorail. It's super convenient. Our home resort is VWL and we stay there often, but we get how easy it is to stay at BLT. AkL is very very nice but it's buses everywhere. We had been out of the stroller years for a while before we had another child so it was easy to stay anywhere. But, having a park within walking distance is nice. Same for BCV or BWV if you are Epcot or DHS late night people.

Both resorts are amazing

From a practical view, keep the wait list at blt because its harder to get
When you return on your next trip, it will be easier to get akl than blt. If the opportunity is there for blt, take it!

With kids those ages, you'll probably be at the MK a lot. The walk there and home from BLT trumps anything at AKL, in my opinion. That said, we're staying at Kidani in May and did one night at AKL last year and really enjoyed it.

Both winners, but not having to get on transportation at the end of the night from MK? Priceless! It's the reason I have no interest in adding on at GF when it opens, although DH wants to-- you can't walk home at night.

I fully agreed about the walk home...Priceless...we have taken to add the first or last night at BLT...may have to consider a small point contract!

I was on the wait list for BLT and it only took about a month to be taken off of it. Hopefully you have the same luck!

We stayed at AKV last year and are staying again in June only this time with a Savannah view. I would be happy to call AKV home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter