Waldorf Astoria - Gold Member Dining Credit - Can it be used at Signia?

jf256

Mouseketeer
Hi;
I now have enough amex points to upgrade our stay from 5 nights at Bonnet Creek Signia - to 5 nights at Waldorf Instead.

Has anyone had any experience with the dining credit? Can it be used at Signia. I know it used to be able to. $50 a night will actually go quite far there but not as far at Waldorf so was wondering what the situation was?

Hi;
I now have enough amex points to upgrade our stay from 5 nights at Bonnet Creek Signia - to 5 nights at Waldorf Instead.

Has anyone had any experience with the dining credit? Can it be used at Signia. I know it used to be able to. $50 a night will actually go quite far there but not as far at Waldorf so was wondering what the situation was?
Yes. I stayed last year and was able to charge any Signia dining purchases back to my room at the Waldorf. We enjoyed the pool bar at the Signia and our $50 credit applied against our purchase there.

I just stayed at Waldorf with reward .
No problems using the dining credit .
I actually prefer the Hilton Signia .
Hope you enjoy !

Last edited:
Yes you can, just make sure to charge your meal to your room back at the Waldorf.. I highly recommend La Luce, the italian signature restaurant at Signia, great restaurant! One of my personal favorites!

Trip isnt until march but having major issues transferring my ohs amex points over because hilton have rejected it due to a middle name being on the account. Amex have been absolutely useless.

It is what it is but i wont lie im quite disappointed with both hilton and amex on this one.

I never managed to transfer them over and hilton have now put the price up to 90k per night which has priced me out. Its a shame. We will be cancelling my OHs gold card because of it. Keeping my platinum.

Basically hilton wouldnt accept the transfer because my ohs name on amex was his full name including middle name. Hilton wont even let you put a middle name on so its very annoying.

How is the HH Gold credit $50 a day but the Diamond is only $30?
Its not .. its 15pp at signia 25pp at waldorf

But you can use it at both so you can use 50 against the signia restaurants if you are staying at the waldorf. So it goes a lot further than using 30 dollars staying at the signia and dining at the waldorf.

This is great information! I was eyeing both properties with points. Signia, which retails at around 300 after resort fee, is 70k points, while Waldorf, which retails at around 650 after resort fee, is 90k points. This dining hack is now another factor to consider!

Resort fee also doesn't count for fully points stay so its definately worth considering buying points if on sale. Do the sums though and see if it works out for you.

If only staying at the Waldorf for one night, would I get the dining credit on check-in and check-out day or just one day?

As it relates to a one-night stay, per our FAQs, a Hilton Honors member would receive one complimentary Daily F&B Credit that they may use on the day of arrival or day of departure. The credit may be used in full/entirety on day of check-in or check-out, or on various eligible items each day until the maximum daily amount or total stay maximum is reached.

This was on a points website - from hilton. It was in 2022 so may have changed. I would confirm at check in.

Daily Food & Beverage Credit (U.S. hotels only) or Continental Breakfast (non-U.S. hotels)
You’ll receive a Daily Food & Beverage Credit of $25 at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts in the U.S., and complimentary Continental Breakfast at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts outside the U.S. Either the Credit or Continental Breakfast will be given to you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each night of your stay.

If you are staying 3 nights- Thursday- Sunday. Can you use the credits Friday Saturday Sunday? We arrive super late Thursday at Signia and most likely will not be eating.

If you are staying 3 nights- Thursday- Sunday. Can you use the credits Friday Saturday Sunday? We arrive super late Thursday at Signia and most likely will not be eating.
Yes you can. Credit can be used on check-in day OR check-out day. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter