Walk between Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek (hotel) and Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Check-In Building?

p8ntldy

Mouseketeer
Apparently, Mears Connect/Sunshine Flyer will pick up at MCO and drop off at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek hotel, but doesn’t stop at the Club Wyndham Check In Building. We are thinking we can walk from the hotel to the timeshare check in building. But, this is our first visit to this resort and are unsure of how long the walk might be. Can anyone advise? We’re interested in using Mears Connect because right now they have a summer sale. Our trip is in mid-september, and hope they would honor our reservation if we reserve now during the sale. Any advice would be appreciate. We are in our 70’s and not super familiar with these details But are in good shape to walk a fair distance!

They are at opposite ends of the complex, but it is compact. If you cross through the hotel and walk around the lake, it's probably 1/3 mile, tops.

But if it were me, I'd spend the extra few dollars on a cab or rideshare to not do this. Travel days are hectic enough.

They’ll also likely be dragging luggage, since I don’t think you can leave luggage with the Wyndham Grand to be delivered to the timeshare part of the resort. I second just getting a cab or rideshare directly to the resort instead of doing Mears Connect. Bear in mind, Mears Connect also stops at multiple locations, and can have a wait (similar to how Disney’s Magical Express had a wait at the airport at peak times). If the price difference isn’t that huge, I’d strongly consider other options.

I would call Mears and see if they really don't drop off at the timeshare side. It might not be on the website, but they might stop there if they have someone staying there.

If you are staying in a presidential unit in the timeshare side, you would check in at Tower 6, which is connected to the Grand. That would make your decision easy.

If not, I suppose you could unload at the Grand, send one person to check in, and then see what room you get. Your luggage might be closer to your room at the Grand than if you get dropped off at the main timeshare check-in.

The resort is compact, but everyone has their comfort level.

Will you have a lot of stuff? If I had a small carry-on on wheels it wouldn't matter. If I was a snowbird bringing 10 suitcases for a 3-month stay, it would be a different story.

In the end, I say pick the least stressful choice for you. No one wants to start a vacation with extra travel stress.

I would call Mears and see if they really don't drop off at the timeshare side. It might not be on the website, but they might stop there if they have someone staying there.

If you are staying in a presidential unit in the timeshare side, you would check in at Tower 6, which is connected to the Grand. That would make your decision easy.

If not, I suppose you could unload at the Grand, send one person to check in, and then see what room you get. Your luggage might be closer to your room at the Grand than if you get dropped off at the main timeshare check-in.

The resort is compact, but everyone has their comfort level.

Will you have a lot of stuff? If I had a small carry-on on wheels it wouldn't matter. If I was a snowbird bringing 10 suitcases for a 3-month stay, it would be a different story.

In the end, I say pick the least stressful choice for you. No one wants to start a vacation with extra travel stress.
Each of us will have a small wheeled piece of luggage (not a carry-on) and a personal item From the plane. what would it cost to take an Uber for two people from the airport? It looks like the Mears connect is around $30 per person one-way. FYI – we’ve never taken an Uber and are unsure how that works. 😂

Since they will literally drive by the timeshare check in first, I would just yell “stop”. If not it isn’t a big deal to cut through the hotel and walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter