Walk from OKW to Port Orleans?

O

OKW91

Is there a safeway to walk from OKW to Port Orleans, we walked over once using the pathway through the woods where the trailers are parked and it looks like some type of work is being done. This was not the best walk, with the traffic on Community Drive wizzing by! and no lighting to see by! We like to walk along the waterway and it seems like such a hassel to have to drive your car over just to do this! Just wondering if there is a better way to get there?

There is no recommended walkway from OKW to PO. The path thru the woods has been suggested by some, but that requires crossing a busy roadway and then following a dirt construction path thru the woods.

Better to walk to DD and ride the boat to PO!

Enjoy!

I agree with Doc, because there is no walking path and to cross those roads is dangerous. Plus even if you walk along the road that goes to the enterance to PO the traffic is fast and very busy. We have taken the boat from OKW to DD and then the boat to PO, but from what they told me they are not going to stop at the dock where PO was since they merged DL and PO together. They told me last time that they are only going to stop at the dock at DL now. I hope that some of our members can verify this because I would like to know if they made this change.

Yes, you can go anywhere along that waterway that the other boats go. However, it is an expensive alternative to taking the bus or the resort boats.

Dennis,

We just returned yesterday from a 5 day stay at POR. We took the boat to DD our first day and it made stops at both Riverside and French Quarter.

I hope that was what you were asking. You referred to the stop at PO and I wasn't sure which PO you wanted, but it did stop at both.

Cinderelli, thanks for the info, I think that they call it the French Quarter now, I have not been there in a year and they have changed the names. It is good to know because my BIL is going to be staying there and he was asking also.
Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter