• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour 2016 Questions

piratenightmares

Mouseketeer
A while back I scheduled this Walk in Walt's footsteps tour. At the time I booked it, Walt's apartment and peeking into Club 33 were still part of the tour. By the time the tour came around they had changed it to the Dream Suite and no more Club 33.

The website doesn't specifically say what they do now but with the train being closed (one of the things we did on this tour) and other things being changed around, I'm not sure what will be included on the tour.

Does anyone have information on what is going on in the tour now?

I want to do it in a few weeks but also want to know what to expect.

Thanks.

Last edited:
They don't do Walts apt or C33 anymore, which is why we didn't do the tour during our last trip.

I would have to say that the Dream Suite was amazing! I loved all the additional audio we got along with the tour guide's script. Lunch was really nice. We rode Alice and Haunted Mansion. Keep in mind there is NO video or photography allowed in The Dream Suite. At the end of the tour they will take your photo in the living room at the fireplace with your own device, but that's all.

I also agree that the Dream Suite is absolutely amazing! We rode the railroad, haunted mansion, and Alice had broken down so they gave us fast passes for any ride. I have not heard what they will be replacing the railroad with.

When we took the tour back in 2014, back when you still went into Walt's apartment, the railroad happened to be down at that time as well and honestly they did not replace it with anything. I think the tour just goes as well as it can go and I don't think they really make any promises other than you will get into see something others cannot and you get to go on two rides or attractions without any wait.

When we took the tour back in 2014, back when you still went into Walt's apartment, the railroad happened to be down at that time as well and honestly they did not replace it with anything. I think the tour just goes as well as it can go and I don't think they really make any promises other than you will get into see something others cannot and you get to go on two rides or attractions without any wait.

They can change it whenever they want. I realize that. I'm just wondering if anyone had been on it in the last few weeks. We went on more than 2 attractions on my tour. I'm sure they play some of it by ear. Thanks for the reply. :)

Indeed, we went in the Dream Suite and it was fabulous. I'd already seen it before, though. I paid for the tour specifically to see Walt's Apartment. In fact, it still said that was part of the tour on the website the day we went. It was the first week they had stopped showing the apartment. It's ok though. I'm not complaining. Just wondering what happens on the tour this month.

:hippie:

Following this thread.....have a quick trip planned next weekend and am thinking about doing the tour. Anyone have specifics on how long the tour lasts and what the lunch is?

DH and I just did the tour on the 6th. We did HM holiday and Alice. Also went in the dream suite which really is amazing and we loved it. I know it was only done in the 2000's but the dream suite used all the original plans Walt and Lilly had for the apartment, and it looks very close to the early artist renderings(especially the living room). They also have furniture and different things that were bought for the apartment or what they wanted to buy. So, even though they never actually stayed there it was taken from Walt's ideas!

Following this thread.....have a quick trip planned next weekend and am thinking about doing the tour. Anyone have specifics on how long the tour lasts and what the lunch is?
The tour lasted about 3 1/2 hours. We did the walking tour first with a brief break about 1/2 way through for the restroom. After lunch we did the dream suite. For lunch you get the choice of entree with choices of a few salads or sandwiches, a dessert, and a drink. You choose this at the beginning of the tour. I had the caprese sandwich and my husband had roast beef both were good and came with chips. The food is waiting in a reserved area at Jolly holiday. On our day it was rainy and cold so the chips were a little cold but other than that it was good.

... Good luck getting a reservation. Maybe you will have better luck than I did. But I called several weeks ahead of time, and they were already sold out for week day and weekend tours.

DH and I just did the tour on the 6th. We did HM holiday and Alice. Also went in the dream suite which really is amazing and we loved it. I know it was only done in the 2000's but the dream suite used all the original plans Walt and Lilly had for the apartment, and it looks very close to the early artist renderings(especially the living room). They also have furniture and different things that were bought for the apartment or what they wanted to buy. So, even though they never actually stayed there it was taken from Walt's ideas!

The tour lasted about 3 1/2 hours. We did the walking tour first with a brief break about 1/2 way through for the restroom. After lunch we did the dream suite. For lunch you get the choice of entree with choices of a few salads or sandwiches, a dessert, and a drink. You choose this at the beginning of the tour. I had the caprese sandwich and my husband had roast beef both were good and came with chips. The food is waiting in a reserved area at Jolly holiday. On our day it was rainy and cold so the chips were a little cold but other than that it was good.

Thank you!! That is exactly the info I was looking for.

Good luck getting a reservation. Maybe you will have better luck than I did. But I called several weeks ahead of time, and they were already sold out for week day and weekend tours.
I called this morning and there was availability for next Fri & Sat mornings. There is room at 10:30 am on Sat but I'm hesitating on giving up morning park time to do the tour. When we get done, the park should be quite busy. But.....the tour does sound worth it so we will see!

Thank you!! That is exactly the info I was looking for.

I called this morning and there was availability for next Fri & Sat mornings. There is room at 10:30 am on Sat but I'm hesitating on giving up morning park time to do the tour. When we get done, the park should be quite busy. But.....the tour does sound worth it so we will see!
Impressive! They nearly laughed me right off the phone when I called!

I have never done a tour before at DL so am not aware of "tour etiquette" so forgive me if this question comes off as absurd or selfish........we are thinking about doing the tour next Saturday and would get done with it after lunch, like 1:30-2:00 pm. Being as it's a Saturday, I'm guessing the crowds will have already started building as we finish the tour and will continue to build throughout the afternoon/evening. I don't want to come off as rude or selfish, and not knowing the pace of the tour, but would I be able to grab Fast Passes during the tour to use for later that afternoon? Like if we happened to be passing by a certain ride, is it frowned upon to quickly jump away & grab a FP? Obviously I want to be mindful of the other tour guests time and wouldn't expect the group to wait. Does anyone know?
Please don't blast me.....just would like to know if anyone has ever done this. :flower1:

I have never done a tour before at DL so am not aware of "tour etiquette" so forgive me if this question comes off as absurd or selfish........we are thinking about doing the tour next Saturday and would get done with it after lunch, like 1:30-2:00 pm. Being as it's a Saturday, I'm guessing the crowds will have already started building as we finish the tour and will continue to build throughout the afternoon/evening. I don't want to come off as rude or selfish, and not knowing the pace of the tour, but would I be able to grab Fast Passes during the tour to use for later that afternoon? Like if we happened to be passing by a certain ride, is it frowned upon to quickly jump away & grab a FP? Obviously I want to be mindful of the other tour guests time and wouldn't expect the group to wait. Does anyone know?
Please don't blast me.....just would like to know if anyone has ever done this. :flower1:

There is a washroom break in the middle of the tour - you could ask the CM where that will be located and if it's close to any FP machines could run and pull one then. I think you could always excuse yourself anytime the tour is walking from one point to another to run and get FPs and then meet up with the rest of the tour - especially if you are just one person in your party (the other person in your party could text you where to meet back up with the tour). You would have to accept missing whatever happened on the tour while you ran off to get your FPs though, the tour would not stop to wait for you to pull your FPs. When we did the tour we did walk through Tomorrowland and past BTMRR - so I guess you could just run and grab your FPs then - I don't think anyone will blast you for this. We didn't do this nor did anyone in our tour though so I have no idea how it would be received. I can tell you the tour walks very slowly - like snail pace slow, so if you are a fast walker (cause no running in the park remember) then you'd likely not miss much as long as you are not going to the other side of the park.

There is a washroom break in the middle of the tour - you could ask the CM where that will be located and if it's close to any FP machines could run and pull one then. I think you could always excuse yourself anytime the tour is walking from one point to another to run and get FPs and then meet up with the rest of the tour - especially if you are just one person in your party (the other person in your party could text you where to meet back up with the tour). You would have to accept missing whatever happened on the tour while you ran off to get your FPs though, the tour would not stop to wait for you to pull your FPs. When we did the tour we did walk through Tomorrowland and past BTMRR - so I guess you could just run and grab your FPs then - I don't think anyone will blast you for this. We didn't do this nor did anyone in our tour though so I have no idea how it would be received. I can tell you the tour walks very slowly - like snail pace slow, so if you are a fast walker (cause no running in the park remember) then you'd likely not miss much as long as you are not going to the other side of the park.

Thank you for that info Sherilaine! I just didn't want the question to offend and obviously wouldn't want to do something that would offend and then I'd be the subject of one of those 'can you believe what this guest did' threads. LOL
I actually am quite a fast walker anyway, so it doesn't sound like I'd miss too much if I left the group for a quick minute or two. We only have 2 days in the parks so we are all debating on if we want to give up ride time to do the tour. From what I've read, the tour is worth it and I'm sure we would all be glad we did it. I just want to be able to maximize what little time we have.

I think if there's not a line it wouldn't be a problem to quickly grab a fast pass. We've been on several tours recently and it wouldn't have bothered me if someone had done this.

If anyone could share a bit of info, that would be much appreciated! Wondering a few things about Walt's tour. Is this tour offered on weekends and all week days? And, is it offered once or twice in a day and about what time? I'm assuming they allow about 10-16 or so guests( like other WDW tours we've done). Is there a day that may be better to take the tour on than another? We only have six park days we'll be doing the week we are there and wondering if it matters to try to book the tour on a weekday that's expected to be busier or lighter crowds, or if that matters? One more thing, we'll probably have an ECV with us, are guests allowed on the tour with one if they can do some walking for the rides, lunch, and the apt? Wouldn't want to bother others guests but can't do the distances in the parks. TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter