Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour

Baloo2003

Mouseketeer
Hi Mary Jo:

I am directing this question to you because you have been so helpful in the past and seemed to know the details of the 50th Tour.

Our Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour is scheduled for 2:30. I know that it comes with lunch on the Disney Gallery balcony and the tour is 3.5 hours long, but I don't know when in that 3.5 hours that they serve lunch.

Knowing this would help other eating arrangements. For example, if lunch is at the beginning we certainly wouldn't want to eat a full lunch around noon or 1pm, but if they serve lunch at the end of the tour....6pm, we would be starving if we didn't eat before.

I appreciate any insight you or anyone else has into this.

Baloo, or anyone who might know:

Just out of curiosity, did you book the tour on your own, or was it included with a package? I was just wondering because I booked a Resort Magic Package (with a 50th Anniversary upgrade) that includes a Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour, and I was told it's going to be on the day after I arrive, but I wasn't sure what time, or when I'm going to find out the time it's scheduled for.

It doesn't really matter to me what time we get, but like you said, it would help in planning.

We are booked on the tour 7/16 at 2:30 and was told that the meal comes toward the end of the tour and would really be like an early dinner. We booked our tour separately, so I can't address the package question

I did the 2:30 tour in May and the meal is at the end. Even though it's more of a dinner time, the entree selections are the same as at lunch. I highly recommend Walt's favorite chili!

On the patio at the Disney Gallery. Everything comes in plastic containers.

I booked the tour myself on July 18th.

Thanks for the updates on the meal at the end. I thought it would occur like this but wasn't sure. This will allow us to schedule meals accordingly.

I think if you booked it through WDTC the tour times are at 9:00am and 2:00pm on the day after your arrival. pirate:

I see that someone mentioned chili. What are the other type of food served? We have a 9AM tour and were wondering the food type so we can plan our other meals for that day.
Thanks!

-Matthew

We booked our tour separately, our date is July 12th, the 2:30PM tour. We were able to get the AP discount which made the cost $39 each person. Looking forward to Disneyland, CA and the NFFC collectors convention. We leave NJ on Friday.

Copied from LaughingPlace website. A Walk in Walt's Footsteps
A tour of the Disneyland that Walt Disney knew. This tour was created for the guest who's already familiar with the Park and is interested in some of its history and little details. Included in the tour are:

A peek into the lobby of Club 33
A visit to The Enchanted Tiki Room prior to a show to get a close-up look at the show and its history
A "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" pin
Lunch on the balcony of the Disney Gallery
Along the way your tour guide will tell stories about Disneyland and Walt Disney himself. The price for the tour is $49 per person (all ages). The price does not include park admission. It may be booked up to 30 days in advance. The tour lasts approximately 3 and a half hours. There is a limit of 15 guests per tour. For reservations, call 714-781-4400. For more information about this and other Disneyland tours, call 714-817-2299.

Menu Offerings
Grilled Chicken Caesar on Croissant Butter Roll w/ Baby Romaine Leaf Lettuce, Fresh Shaved Parmesan Cheese and Classic Style Caesar Dressing
French Style Roast Beef on a Baguette w/ Dijon Mustard and Mayonnaise and Fresh Garden Garnish
Turkey and Bacon on Wheat w/ Swiss Cheese Green Leaf Lettuce, Tomato and Mayonnaise
Garden Salad served with fresh romaine and Iceberg lettuces, tomatoes and choice of Blue Cheese, Ranch or Italian dressings.
All menu selections will be served with a canned beverage (Coke, diet Coke, or Sprite) or bottled water and a “Walt’s favorite” for dessert.

We didn't have a choice of roast beef that I remember, but did have Walt's Favorite Chili baked in a cornbread bowl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter