Walk in Walt's Footsteps

2GirlsMama

Happy Wife and Mom
Hi!
We are going to DL for the first time next month. For Mother's Day my family gave me the tour "Walk in Walt's Footsteps". I tried to search for information on the Dis, but everything was older (2009). Has anyone been on this tour recently? We are getting really excited. We are staying at the GCH. We are WDW veterans and love the WL, so this is going to be a fantastic adventure.

I have to admit being a little afraid of huge crowds. We are used to WDW in January. Can't wait for some California sunshine!

What a neat gift! Why didn't I think of that. All I asked for was a Mickey Mouse mouse pad for my new lap top (which I do love, btw). :rotfl:

I've never gone either so can't help there. It is one of things that I always think I should try sometime.

I think you will love summer at DLR. It is my favorite time to be there. It can get crowded but I've seen it worse during other holidays. :goodvibes

Hi!
We are going to DL for the first time next month. For Mother's Day my family gave me the tour "Walk in Walt's Footsteps". I tried to search for information on the Dis, but everything was older (2009). Has anyone been on this tour recently? We are getting really excited. We are staying at the GCH. We are WDW veterans and love the WL, so this is going to be a fantastic adventure.

I have to admit being a little afraid of huge crowds. We are used to WDW in January. Can't wait for some California sunshine!
I did WWW last July. You did not really ask any questions about it. Is there something you want to know?

I have been on the Christmas Tour, and I have to say that over my many visits to Disneyland--it remains the ultimate highlight for me. Because of that, when we go this June, I am taking me and my girls on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour as well. I have read quite a bit about it, and it is suppose to be fun for a "disney fan". Lots of behind the scenes info about Disneyland, as well as being about to see the lobby of Club 33. It is mostly information about how and why Walt Disney created the park.

We did the Tour in November actually on Veterans Day and loved it found it was a great start to our 4 days at the parks

Thanks for the responses! Has anyone had experience with kids on the tour? We have two daughters. I think the older one will be interested, and the younger will wish she was riding Space Mountain!

Did you have any trouble hearing the guide during the tour? I imagine it could get difficult to stay focused.

My DD6 and I did this tour two weeks ago during Easter break. I am also a WDW vet and have done most of their tours. I found this one to be very informative and extremely enjoyable. Our tour guides name was Jeff and he was enthusiastic about his job which made the tour more fun. There were only 7 people in our tour and that was nice. My DD is a real Disney fan and she did not seem to get bored and I think she enjoyed herself. Either that or she was on her best behavior! They give everyone headsets to wear so that you can hear the guide plus they play music at different times during the tour. According to the tour calendar the parks were at a 10 level for crowds but compared to what we find when we go to WDW, I didn't find them to be unmanagable at all. The longest we waited at all was about 25 minutes and that would be a dream in Florida. We had so much fun and can't wait to start planning our next trip to DL.

Hubby and I did it. We're at the park weekly. We still enjoyed it immensely! Can't say I learned anything new, but it was fun. Our lunches had our names written Disney style and when seeing me try to carefully remove it to save it, a Plaid came over with a new one for me. :woohoo: It takes you to the historical points of DL. I have such respect for Walt. You're given headphones and no, never a hard time hearing the Plaid or the recordings that are played over the headset. I do think kids would be bored, but you never know.

Could you please tell me the cost of this tour and where I might book it? We are going in July and I fear that it may be our last trip for many many years :( Thought maybe we should do this whilst we can! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter