• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walk me through Napa Rose Chef Counter

cruizincathi

Mouseketeer
I am taking my college aged daughters on a girls trip in March and one of the things I have reserved is an 8 pm dinner at the Chef’s Counter. Can someone walk me the meal. I have read that this meal can take 2-3 hrs. Is this accurate? Do I pay at the restaurant or does it get added to my room at DLH? Can I use Disney gift cards? Do I tip? What else do I need to know?

This is our first trip to DL and, obviously, NR, so any and all info is appreciated.

Payment is the same as regular dinners at NR (or any Disney TS): you may use Disney gift cards or charge to your room.
You should tip.
There are no discounts (AP, DVC...) at NR.

I am taking my college aged daughters on a girls trip in March and one of the things I have reserved is an 8 pm dinner at the Chef’s Counter. Can someone walk me the meal. I have read that this meal can take 2-3 hrs. Is this accurate? Do I pay at the restaurant or does it get added to my room at DLH? Can I use Disney gift cards? Do I tip? What else do I need to know?

This is our first trip to DL and, obviously, NR, so any and all info is appreciated.

It can take 2 to 3 hours.
It really depends on the individual dining guest.
I have always paid after my dinner. And yes, please do tip.
Disney gift cards are accepted.

What a great treat for your daughters! It is an amazing experience, and it does take the full 2-3 hours. It starts when the chefs consult with you to ask about your preferences and/or dietary restrictions so the dining experience can be tailored to you needs. You will also have a server who will take care of you and explain things as they happen. Wine parings are offered if you are interested, but you can forgo those or order you own wine/cocktails. The whole time you are watching the chefs prepare all the meals for the entire dining room and you can ask questions and interact with them. It is awesome!

I imagine that you could charge the meal to your room, but you are also welcomed to pay with a credit card or gift cards. And you will definitely want to tip after you see all the hard work that goes into the preparations. Enjoy and have fun!!!

There is not. I am taking my 11 year old son in a couple weeks. He’s a budding chef and is really looking forward to it. I also double checked when I reserved and the hostess said it was completely fine.

Still completely inappropriate for a child 11 years of age and unfair to those other guests who are trying to have a night away from kids at this very upscale and mature restaurant

College age as the OP states, what an awesome experience for them!! You’ll have a blast - highly recommend the beef with Red Wine Jus that is often one of the counter meals

Not that I know of. But the question would be, will a child be interested in, and enjoy this particular dining experience.

I have a 19 year son and a 14 year old daughter. I sent them a review I found online and explained that we could go by ourselves or invite them. They have always wanted to go to Victoria and Alberts in Disney World. Anyway, I told them we would be happy to take them but they also had to be willing to try new things if they went. I’m waiting for the answer, but we re not going until the end of May so I have some time. Do these reservations open 60 days our like the others? I think I have to change my Disneyland dates due to a local soccer game my son wants to go and see.

Still completely inappropriate for a child 11 years of age and unfair to those other guests who are trying to have a night away from kids at this very upscale and mature restaurant

College age as the OP states, what an awesome experience for them!! You’ll have a blast - highly recommend the beef with Red Wine Jus that is often one of the counter meals

Thank you for your opinion again.

Still completely inappropriate for a child 11 years of age and unfair to those other guests who are trying to have a night away from kids at this very upscale and mature restaurant...
Just a reminder to keep our responses respectful, courteous, and gracious. It is totally possible to state our opinions without denigrating others. You have already been addressed on this topic in a different thread. The poster in question said she called NR to ask specifically whether her son would be welcome at the Chef's Counter and was told that he would be fine. If NR does not have a problem with an 11 yo at the Chef's Counter, then there should not be a problem. If you continue to have a problem with this, then send in a comment to NR and to Disney.

Last edited:

I'd humbly suggest that if they're looking for a meal away from kids, they may want to do it at a place other than the Disneyland Resort, and in particular at a restaurant where for a good part of the day they offer a meal specifically targeted to kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter