Walk thru Animal Exhibits at AK During ETPE?

DisRoss

Earning My Ears
Are the walk through animal exhibits, like Jungle Trek or Gorilla Falls open at Animal Kingdom during Early Theme Park Entry? Not sure if we’ll fight the early crowds at Pandora, and trying to figure out what we may be able to do early on while waiting to get an early spot in line for Safari. We’re traveling in Feb and I know Everest will be closed unfortunately. How else can we spend a leisurely early entry morning at AK? Thanks!

I believe the Jungle Trek and Gorialla Falls usually have different hours than the parks in general. I wouldn't count on them being open but stranger things have happened.
Definately Safari and Pandora.

Years back, I went at a time when the gorilla trail was open but the gorillas weren't out yet. So depending on what you want to see, it's not necessarily a question of when the trails open.

Pre-COVID (and pre-Genie), I recall getting to AK early and everyone with a stroller went straight to the safari.

When DAK opens very early, the two major walking trails (Gorilla Falls and Jungle Trek) do not open with park opening. Neither do Kilimanjaro Safari nor the train back to Rafiki's Planet Watch/Conservation Station. The animals have a normal routine & schedule when they are typically let out of the barns and are given access to the exhibit areas. For example, this week when DAK opened at 7:30 AM to all guests (early entry of 7 AM for on-site guests), the safari did not begin operation until 8:30 AM and the train and some walking paths opened even later (c. 9 AM). You will also find limited food and drink options during those earlier hours of operation.

That said, we still enjoy going in early. The park is far less crowded in the early morning, and many areas are peaceful and quiet. Some of the smaller paths (such as those around the Tree of Life) are open. And you will often have more of an opportunity to talk to the animal care staff as they prepare the exhibit habitats, set out treats, and release the animals from backstage enclosures. We had an amazing conversation with one of the keepers at the Siamang exhibit yesterday, for example -- learned all about "Veruca" & "Charlie", some of their unique behaviors & personality traits, and plans for a future Siamang family group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter