• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walk to the Disney Studios from YC

Walking is about 20mins or so, just over a mile I'd guess. Boat takes about 10mins so it would depend on how long you have to wait. Never used the bus but can't imagine it would take long.

When we stayed there, it took around 15-20 minutes to walk, and the boat took a good 20 minutes as well. We still used the boat most of the time though due to saving our feet for all the walking we knew we'd be doing at the parks.

We walked it in 17 minutes with our two kids and their little legs. We beat the boat on many occasions.

There is no bus option to DHS. :goodvibes

We walked it in 17 minutes with our two kids and their little legs. We beat the boat on many occasions.

There is no bus option to DHS. :goodvibes

Same here - kids are bigger and it took us 15 mins from the Beach Club at a swift pace. We often beat the boat.

The walk is boring as there isn't much to see, unlike walking to Epcot, so I'd suggest just using the boat. The BC & YC are the second stop, so you only have to stop at the Swan and the Dolphin which speeds up the boat travelling.

The walk is boring as there isn't much to see, unlike walking to Epcot, so I'd suggest just using the boat. The BC & YC are the second stop, so you only have to stop at the Swan and the Dolphin which speeds up the boat travelling.

guess we have different tastes and perspectives....
we love that walk :love:
as you walk along the canal (waving to the ferry captains, talking to the ducks, pausing at gecko crossings), that total quiet in the middle of all the non-stop activity, noise, and crowds of WDW, is simply amazing.

we've walked to/from DHS without entering the park "just because" - many of our favorite memories, deep conversations, and good ol' fun times have been on that walkway.
:cloud9:

as you walk along the canal (waving to the ferry captains, talking to the ducks, pausing at gecko crossings), that total quiet in the middle of all the non-stop activity, noise, and crowds of WDW, is simply amazing.

we've walked to/from DHS without entering the park "just because" - many of our favorite memories, deep conversations, and good ol' fun times have been on that walkway.

:thumbsup2

It took us about 20 minutes from YC walking at a leisurely pace. I LOVE this walk as PP mentioned. It is quiet, calm and refreshing. We have never attempted walking back after a long day at the studios but I can only imagine that to be tiresome.

We always loved the walk too....nice way to decompress after the park! Lets the kids run off some steam too if they are smaller and need to stay close in the parks.

I have to agree with you, I find nothing boring about the walk to DHS and enjoy it as well. :thumbsup2

To answer your distance question, the walk from the door of the YC lobby to HS is probably 3/4 of a mile. I've jogged the Epcot loop and down to HS and back, and from door to door, it's a little over a 2 mile run according to my GPS.

It took us about 20 minutes from YC walking at a leisurely pace. I LOVE this walk as PP mentioned. It is quiet, calm and refreshing. We have never attempted walking back after a long day at the studios but I can only imagine that to be tiresome.

My oldest DD & I decided to walk back to the BC one night after the line for the boat was insane. As tired as we were, I still didn't find it to be too bad. My DD, on the other hand, complained and complained but when she realized we made it much quicker than the boat, she was glad we did it :upsidedow

I agree :goodvibes

Walking times vary. You're going to have to be virtually jogging to get there in under 15 minutes from the lobby of the YC to the bag check at HS. (But then again, I once had the clip board CM at BC insist that he walks from BC to HS in 10-11 minutes (which I know is just not possible). I'd say it's closer to 20 minutes, but I'm figuring to the lobby, not the closest corner of the resort.

The boat from the BC/YC dock to the S/D dock takes 3-4 minutes, then loads, then 7-8 minutes to HS dock. Figure 15 minutes there by boat, actual travel time once it pushes away. Add any wait time on top of that.
Our rule of thumb is if we just miss the boat, or a boat is not in sight, and weather permits, we will just walk.

Sometimes there is a bus to Hollywood Studios from the Yacht Club. Last summer when I stayed at the Beach Club it was lightning and the boats were not running. We asked and they said that their would be bus transportation to get us back to the resort. I'm not sure if their is a bus at other times though. I didn't see one during those times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter