Walk-up Dining Wait List - Realistic Option?

CodeGoddess

DIS Veteran
Slept through the alarm I had set to book a reservation at BB for end of October. I see they have a join walk-up waitlist option.

Screenshot_20220903-151623.png

Is it realistic to think I would be able to do this? How does it work? Do I need to basically wait there till our names come up or can I put our names in during the morning for later in the day?

I did this at Blue Bayou today.

You need to be near-ish BB to join the walk up list. If you aren’t close enough it’ll tell you get closer.

You also cannot join until BB opens. Today that was 11am.

Right at 11am I clicked Join Wait list and got a spot. The app said my wait would be 5-15 minutes and I’d be notified.

Went right to BB and there was a long check-in line so I got in line even though I had not received a notification yet. Got to the front of the line at 1115 and the CM checked us in and sent us into the lobby to wait. We were called a few minutes later.

Nice table, not waterside but in the 3rd row of tables.

So, yes it’s possible. I don’t know how hard/easy it is, but I imagine a lot of people were trying today - Saturday on holiday weekend.

Edit: as a counterpoint a friend said she tried BB walk up a couple weekends ago and did not get a spot. So I guess YMMV.

Last edited:
Slept through the alarm I had set to book a reservation at BB for end of October. I see they have a join walk-up waitlist option.

View attachment 699544

Is it realistic to think I would be able to do this? How does it work? Do I need to basically wait there till our names come up or can I put our names in during the morning for later in the day?

If you can (costs $14) sign up with MouseWatchers for alerts when a BB reservation is open. I did that a couple of weeks ago and BB available reservation times pop up regularly. Some days they have popped up twice.
But you have to be really quick; like 5 seconds fast. Make sure your Disneyland account is all set up and ready to go. :wave:

I'm going to have to use the standby option as well. I don't really understand apps, so I'm not sure which one I have to get/use to go standby. Right now I have WaltDisneyWorld app and the PlayDisney app. Do I need a different one?

Thank you everyone! Signed up with Mouse Dining as they have a free version. Any other services that you have used that you really like? Otherwise I will just pick randomly from Google. 🤣

I signed up with 3 dining alert sites. The only I paid for was Mouse Watcher ($5) and it was the only one I ever got opening alerts from. To me the $5 was worth it because it came about last minute that we could splurge for dinner for my sons birthday and he really wanted Blue Bayou. I got opening alerts from them literally the next day after I signed up and made my reservation. I am still getting daily opening alerts from them and still have not gotten one alert from any of the other ones.

I signed up with 3 dining alert sites. The only I paid for was Mouse Watcher ($5) and it was the only one I ever got opening alerts from. To me the $5 was worth it because it came about last minute that we could splurge for dinner for my sons birthday and he really wanted Blue Bayou. I got opening alerts from them literally the next day after I signed up and made my reservation. I am still getting daily opening alerts from them and still have not gotten one alert from any of the other ones.
Yup - same for me at our recent August trip. Got numerous alerts from Mouse Watcher and snagged a lovely 5pm dinner no stress.

<< BUMP >>

What is this "Wait List" option that you are referring to?

Is there some "Wait List" feature in the Disneyland App now?

I was going to ask about what the chances are if I were to see if it is realistic to try to walk up to the restaurant ( likely for an early dinner ) is a possibility ( of course, other than BB ).

<< BUMP >>

What is this "Wait List" option that you are referring to?

Is there some "Wait List" feature in the Disneyland App now?

I was going to ask about what the chances are if I were to see if it is realistic to try to walk up to the restaurant ( likely for an early dinner ) is a possibility ( of course, other than BB ).
Yes, there is an option to join a walk-up list in the app. It'll show in the middle of the restaurant "page", next to where you go to view the menu or book a res. It'll have you enter the number of people in your party, allergies, accessibility needs, and if there is a celebration - the exact same things you do when you check in for an advance reservation. It will let you know approx how long you'll wait, and it will tell you if walk-up is unavailable. Make sure your app is up-to-date so you get all the current features to show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter