Walk up for Art Smith's?

simpilotswife

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering if anyone has done a walk up to Art Smith's Homecomin'? they don't have any times available for when we are going so I thought maybe we could just try a walking up? I know we might have a wait but a) is it possible? and b) is it worth it?

We did last September on Labor day weekend. We walked up a bit earlier than a normal dinner time, 4 i think? And were seated right away. :).

We did a walk-up last Saturday afternoon and had a 30-minute wait for lunch @around 12:30 or so. It’s worth it. Great food and service. I had not been able to score an ADR before we left home, so I didn’t think 30 minutes was too bad. We have basically walked in at lunch at other times, but it’s crowded at WDW now (free dining).

Go during an off time, late lunch or early dinner. You will not have a problem walking up at all. It seems that all of the times that I walk past the place, they have employees outside trying to get people to come in.

We would have had a 10 minute wait when we tried a walk up back in 2017 at 5pm...or we were told we could sit immediately at the bar (we chose the bar). It was awesome!

Have you looked on Open Table? Most of the DS restaurants are available through it, and frequently have availability when there are no ADRs.

Have you looked on Open Table? Most of the DS restaurants are available through it, and frequently have availability when there are no ADRs.
I believe Homecomin is one of few DS restaurants not on Open Table. I would suggest weekday rather than weekend walkup & non peak times. We got in at lunch on a weekday with no wait shortly after they opened. We also did a weekday dinner with an ADR but they were seating walkups with a reasonable wait.

We were a party of two that did a while back and waited about 30 min for a table around 7pm on a thursday night. We had a decent experience there. The service was good and we enjoyed the meal as well. If you don’t have a really large party you may be able to get something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter