Walking a reservation

mark0157

Earning My Ears
I know walking a reservation is a controversial topic, but my question is do you have to use this approach to secure a hard-to-get reservation, such as a 3-bed GV over Christmas?

Depends on the resort and whether it’s your home resort or not. SSR has quite a few GV so easy to book at 11 months. BWV has only 7 GV, so more competition at 11 months. There are online websites that show how quickly the GV in each resort book up throughout the year, but I don’t have links, sorry.

For a GV at Christmas time, you should assume walking for a 7-month out reservation will most likely not succeed even potentially for SSR. If you are asking about your home resort at 11-months out, it depends on which resort is your home resort. BWV and VGF GVs, and OKW GVs in the near Hospitality House booking category, have a real risk of booking full right at 8 a.m. 11-months out from date of arrival for Christmas time. Others are usually open at least for long enough after 8 a.m. at 11-months out for one to succeed in booking it.

The only thing about walking is you have to get in and it’s nearly impossible now. I need a reservation for 5 days from now and tried to get in a couple days early and I can’t. I have a broken right arm so left with my lefty. So slightly slower. I’m going to have to go with the pickup method.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter