Walking away the Pounds [Chris' Journal.]

DisneyFan06

<font color=magenta>I think I can pretty much draw
Hello. :wave2: For those of you who do not know me - My name is Christopher; however, for my sake please call me Chris. On August 2, 2006 I turned twenty-one and shortly I will be entering my Junior year at the University of Central Florida. I have started several other journals in the past, but not one has proven successful; therefore, I am going to give it another try and hope for the best.

I am no longer considered overweight, as I once was. This comes as a major relief for me; however, I am still out of shape. During the next few months, I am hoping to adopt a healthier lifestyle which includes: dieting, exercise, and fitness.

I have struggled for so long with the weight, so to finally have it off is a major relief to me. Throughout the years I was always considerd to be the short- skinny kid. However, that all changed once I entered Senior High. It is at this time that my self-esteem hit an all time low. I gained weight suddenly and to be honest - it was my own fault. At the time when I was feeling depressed or down, I would turn to junk food.

A year ago I decide I needed a change so I set out on a plan. I would walk at least: walk two miles a day, drink nothing but water, and watch what I eat. Furthermore, I purchased Walk Away the Pounds. Buying this DVD set was one of best investments I have made thus far in my life. In other words, it saved my life. Not only did it help shed the pounds but it built my self-esteem and my confidence level took a much needed raise.

I lost a total of 50+ pounds just by adjusting to an active lifestyle. I am not trying to sell anyone this product; however, I do highly recommend it to anyone who needs to adjust their lifestyle.

Now, I am at a healthy weight. This is where I want to be; however, it is not going to be easy to maintain it. Over the past weeks I have noticed I have started to give into temptation - at times I find myself reaching in a chip bag or eating a whole pint of icecream. Thus, I have not gained any weight - if I continue it wont be long before I do so.

Therefore, this is why I am turning you DIS. I know that by posting my reports and getting the support I need, I can overcome this obstacle. Also, I am trying hard to build my stomach muscles - the Abs. If anyone has any suggestions please do post. I am having a hard time finding something that will work. Also, please feel free to post, comment, or anything. This thread is just as much yours as it is mine. Thanks.

ETA: Let the Journey, Begin! :cool1:

I just wanted to stop in and give a daily report of what I have done thus far. I just returned from the store and purchased some snacks! :goodvibes At least their healthly snacks :rotfl: I purchased: Fat Free Pringles, 99% Fat Free Skinless Turkey Breast, Sugar Free Jello Cups, Bananas, and Special K Cereal. So far so good!

After staying up really late, I woke up at 11:30 PM est. Therefore, I didn't get a chance to eat breakfest. When I returned from the store I had a lite lunch because dinner is just around the corner. I had a Turkey Sandwich on Wheat Pita Bread with like 15 pringles.

I am a huge water drinker; especially now that I dont drink soda. (It's been 1 year since I drunk soda! :thumbsup2 ) I believe I had only 48 OZ so far. I also had a cup of Diet Peach Tea. I am sure I will be drinking alot more of both as the day goes on.

As for exercise, well nothing yet. Unless you count: taking a shower, and driving. I do plan to do some walking later today as well as doing sit ups.

I am sorry I didn't have a chance to post last evening but I had some computer problems. Yesterday was pretty successful - I walked three miles and done a fair share of sit ups. Last night I really felt depressed -

Have you ever ate something (even if it is something lite or fat free) and feel like you are going to gain ten pounds because of it? :rotfl: Sounds funny but that is what I felt like last night. So to wake up this morning and notice I didn't gain any weight was a much needed relief.

I have a habit of getting on the scale every morning, which I need to break. Normal people usually weigh themselves once a week or so, but not I - I must do it each and every morning. I think this is one of the reasons it brings my depression early in the day. My scale is really old so it really depends on the day as to how it will behave - I really think I need to consider a new scale.

I woke up around 9:30 and laid in bed with my dogs until about 10:00. It was at 10 that I decided I needed to start my day. What better way to start a day than exercise? Well, I walked three miles this morning and I felt so proud of myself. :woohoo: After walking I finished off the morning with a shower.

So far I have ate nothing - but I will be shorty. As for water, how does 48 oz sound, so far? :confused3

Well, I am going to catch up on some of my Private Messages in the mean time. Everyone have a great day! :grouphug:

ETA: I have a Philosophy Exam tonight. So, I guess I better study sometime today. :rolleyes1

You are off to a great start with your healtier lifestyle! And 50 pounds lost forever! That's a wonderful accomplishment! I'll have to look to you for inspiration on being soda free! Since today is my "official" first day back on track, I've vowed no more soft drinks! Previously I had gone about a year without and I was amazed at how much energy I had when I wasn't drinking sodas or any of the other bad stuff. And of course, I fell back into bad habits and I was back to my 3-4 can a day habit.

I hope you do well on your test tonight! Sounds like you've got plenty of rest and you got your exercising in early too! Have a great day!

Just got back from class. I think I did well on my Exam - Grades will be posted tomorrow, so I will find out then. Today has been going GREAT! I haven't felt hungry all day, but now I am starting to crave something. It is about 7:19 in the evening here so I dont want to eat anything big.

Have you ever had that feeling where your not really hungry; however, you want to eat at the same time? I get that feeling all the time. What is a person to do? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter