• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walking DLH To Parks

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me the walking times from DLH to the Parks and Downtown Disney.....does the monorail make sense in the morning or for mid-day breaks?thanks

depending on which tower of the DLH you are in, it may take 5-10 min. to DTD... from there it's another "long" 5 min. to the parks (turn left for DL, turn right for CA)

everything is very compact and very walkable...

there'd be a very good chance your wait for the monorail would take longer than the walk itself...

thanks for the reply......we have a standard view room....which tower would be best...in terms of location..traveling with 2 sons, ages 10 & 5

I'd try for the Sierra...

Sierra Tower is the closest to DTD and the Parks, Next would be Marina Tower (main entrance), then Bonita... we've stayed at Sierra & Marina (they're all very close) although Bonita is a bit removed esp. walking with children

Standard view in Sierra should give you a poolside view which the kids will love...

Standard view in Marina would give you the parking garage view (and downtown LA & the mountains in the distance on clear days)

Standard view in Bonita would give you a parking lot and Anaheim view (possibly a view of the Paradise Pier Hotel)...

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlm/content?id=DLHMeetingFacilitiesHMFPage

I don't think they consider any rooms in the Sierra Tower as standard any longer. When I reserved my room the rate I was quoted for any room in Sierra was at least $50 more.

Basically, standard gives you either the parking lot view out the south side of Bonita or the parking lot view out the north side of Marina. The side of sierra facing DTD is, I believe, "resort" view or something like that, and the internal sides of the three towers are "pool" view. I believe there are a small number of lower floor pool view rooms with obstructed views of the pool that are classified as "standard." So essentially, I think there are a very few standard rooms in Sierra, but it's not a lot at all; just a few.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter