Walking in Walt's Footsteps Tour

MouseEarsMom33

Mouseketeer
My family usually travels to WDW, but we are going to try DL for our late summer trip! I have heard good things about the Walking in Walt's Footsteps Tour. But I see that tour is still not available. Had anyone heard any rumors about when it might return?

My family usually travels to WDW, but we are going to try DL for our late summer trip! I have heard good things about the Walking in Walt's Footsteps Tour. But I see that tour is still not available. Had anyone heard any rumors about when it might return?
Wondering the same thing. This is a tour I have always wanted to do. Hoping it returns soon.

Unfortunately, his apartment isn’t guaranteed. We weren’t able to see it on our tour.
Wow, is this right?
I didn't know that.... That would be a bummer, but it's good to know so I can set my expectations....

Wow, is this right?
I didn't know that.... That would be a bummer, but it's good to know so I can set my expectations....
Yes that is correct- apartment visit is not guaranteed. There was a lengthy refurbishment of the apartment a few years back and they were visiting the Dream Suite then. Now that they use that area for 21 Royal I'm not sure if that would change things too. That said, if its not on refurb, generally the apartment is available but sometimes it is closed for VIPs or Disney family in the park.

What age would this be suitable for? My son will be 8 next year, he doesn't have a great knowledge of Walt Disney and likes the more recent movies but I wouldn't say he was a fan. If not I may have to plan another trip by myself :D

What age would this be suitable for? My son will be 8 next year, he doesn't have a great knowledge of Walt Disney and likes the more recent movies but I wouldn't say he was a fan. If not I may have to plan another trip by myself :D

It’s more suitable for older kids. I took the tour with my mom which was perfect but I probably wouldn’t do the tour with my 9 year old son because he would think it’s boring.

It's such an amazing tour! Highly recommend booking if you are thinking about it and it comes back!
Might do again if they evolve the tour with different highlights.

We loved it too! Toured the Dream Suite not Walt's apartment. Felt like a VIP for a few hours, skipping lines and reserved seating at lunch :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter