Walking shoes that aren’t sneakers?

Jambu or J-Bu are cute and comfortable with skirts. Some skechers aren't too bad, but not supportive enough for my taste.

I just bought a pair of backless JBU from famous footwear. First day after wearing them I thought I had bruises from where it cut on the top of my foot but...I have worn them pretty much every day since them. LOVE THEM! I need to get them in more colors.

Oh and I love my keens!

I will forever recommend a good pair of insoles. I got a Dr. Scholls semi-custom pair (where you stand on a machine often in pharmacy sections and it tells you which of 6-9 types to get). It was $50 but it makes every pair of shoes I have totally comfortable for a full day of walking. I've had them for 4-5 years now I think, and it's probably almost time to replace them. Well worth the investment.

A good pair of insoles can't be beat. I thought those Dr Scholls stand in the machine things were going to end up a big waste of money and they've turned out to be amazing. I am on my feet on concrete at work and they've outlived two pairs of sneakers. I finally sprang for a good pair of work boots and bought a new set thinking surely although they looked fine that old pair had to be worn down. Can't tell a difference and use the old pair for my comfortable weekend loafers now.

B-Zee's are a great comfortable shoe. I have a pair for work and a pair for everyday use. They have a great arch support. DSW sells them.

Last edited:
We just got back from Paris. It was cold while we were there. I wore my ankle boots, with a cowboy /motorcycle style low heel, converse style shoes, sketcher, and a pair of bobs for dinners out. The ground has a lot of loose gravel, uneven sidewalks, bricks/pavers, and dirt/and sandy areas. Having a shoe that is not to stiff,slick or to soft...also something with good grip for the rain, we saw a lot of people slipping and sliding around once it started raining, ankle support is another factor to take into consideration. I bought some fancy foot lotion that was wonderful at the end of a long day. It cooled my feet and smelled great. I threw a extra pair of socks or footlet in my day bag, nothing worse than wet feet that will cause blisters.

Have an amazing time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter