Walking Time Between Be Our Guest And Main Street Area To View Fireworks

Lauren Giddins

Earning My Ears
How long does it take to walk from Be Our Guest Restaurant to the Main Street fireworks viewing areas. We have an ADR at Be Our Guest at 6:55pm and the fireworks start at 8:55pm, considering it takes us an hour and a half for dinner, would that give us ample amount of time to walk to Main Street and get a good place to view the fireworks? Also, since Be Our Guest is changing to prix fixe, do you think we should allot more than an hour and a half for dinner? I remember reading that signature restaurants should be allotted two hours rather than an hour and a half... Thanks!

How long does it take to walk from Be Our Guest Restaurant to the Main Street fireworks viewing areas. We have an ADR at Be Our Guest at 6:55pm and the fireworks start at 8:55pm, considering it takes us an hour and a half for dinner, would that give us ample amount of time to walk to Main Street and get a good place to view the fireworks? Also, since Be Our Guest is changing to prix fixe, do you think we should allot more than an hour and a half for dinner? I remember reading that signature restaurants should be allotted two hours rather than an hour and a half... Thanks!
It only takes five minutes to walk around the castle, but you aren't going to walk up five minutes before and get a good spot.

We have an ADR at Be Our Guest at 6:55pm and the fireworks start at 8:55pm, considering it takes us an hour and a half for dinner, would that give us ample amount of time to walk to Main Street and get a good place to view the fireworks?

Short answer is no, very unlikely.

To get a really "good" spot for fireworks in front of the castle, you need to be at least an hour early. 30 minutes will get you an OK spot. 10 minutes ahead will either get you a very poor spot, or potentially no spot. You could luck out, but I wouldn't count on it.

As far as walking time, without a stationary crowd, it's a 5 minute walk. At 8:30, it'll take 10-15 minutes to walk from BoG to the train station, maybe even a bit more...depending on how swift you and your party are.

I've seen comments that the "fireworks only" can be seen around the castle, even on BoG side. But not the castle projection, that's only on the main street side.

If you're only interested in the fireworks, than the BOG side of the castle is actually a pretty nice/quiet place to do that. Fireworks are in the sky, so I've never really understood the need to stake out a spot, just look up. Now, if you want the projection show viewing, that's a whole other thing and for a perfect view, you would need to camp out early.

If you're only interested in the fireworks, than the BOG side of the castle is actually a pretty nice/quiet place to do that. Fireworks are in the sky, so I've never really understood the need to stake out a spot, just look up. Now, if you want the projection show viewing, that's a whole other thing and for a perfect view, you would need to camp out early.

Well, a lot of it has to do with the view of the castle. The show is composed for those viewing from the Hub side and is intended to be seen that way by the artists. Watching from Fantasyland offers a different experience which is still cool, but I wouldn't recommend it for a first viewing.

Thank you! What vantage point would you recommend: the train station or in the plaza area in front of the castle or somewhere on Main Street? This will be our first time viewing the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter