• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walking to an Alamo From the Poly

TinkFan74

DIS Veteran
We want to rent a car for a day to visit the beach and to pick up groceries, which Alamo location is the safest to walk to from the Poly?
TIA

I would go to mk and take a bus to the dolphin. Rental counters are also there. When you are done you can leave car at dolphin and take the bus back to mk

Thanks, I thought you might be able to walk, but if not I will take the courtesy shuttle to the CCC. Thanks for your help.

Thanks, I thought you might be able to walk, but if not I will take the courtesy shuttle to the CCC. Thanks for your help.
There's not much you can walk to at Disney even though things look close
You can walk to/from MK from CR
You can walk to/from TTC or GF from Poly
You can walk to/between Boardwalk resort area and Epcot/HS
That's about it

I've heard that if you rent a car from Alamo at the Disney car care center, Alamo can pick you up at your onsite resort.

There is an Alamo desk in Shades of Green. Absolutely walkable from POLY. I don't know if nonmilitary can get access to Alamo desk. Alamo site doesn't list any restrictions.
Angitn you can walk from POP to AoA, between All Star resorts, Shades of Green to Poly, there are a few more.
The CCC is basically in the MK parking lot. Almost all of the walk is through MK parking lot. Long walk. Shuttle makes more sense but some posters walk.

I have rented from SOG and walked over from Poly it is easy. However it usually has a higher rate so compare it with the Dolphin and Disney Car Center (which is usually cheaper) the shuttle is so easy as well but obviously walking is easier. Operating hours at Dolphin and SOG are more restricted

There is an Alamo desk in Shades of Green. Absolutely walkable from POLY. I don't know if nonmilitary can get access to Alamo desk. Alamo site doesn't list any restrictions.
Angitn you can walk from POP to AoA, between All Star resorts, Shades of Green to Poly, there are a few more.
The CCC is basically in the MK parking lot. Almost all of the walk is through MK parking lot. Long walk. Shuttle makes more sense but some posters walk.
I wouldn't say it's in the MK parking lot!! Not with the new road configurations!!! That's not a walk I would try to make!!!

I'd take the CCC shuttle to Alamo. The CCC shuttle will pick you up from any on-site resort. That is what we are doing in Sept for a 1 day rental.

I wasn't including any resorts that you can walk between. There are quite a few of those

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter