Walking with Walt - January 2024 Exercise Thread

Good morning, all!

35 new minutes for me (110/500) and congrats to CarolineBowmanFan37, who jumps right in at Orange Bird Orange and to Elizabeth Smith on turning Big Thunder Blue!

I read a bit about Town Square in Disneyland this morning, and learned that one of Walt's connections to trains was that his uncle was an engineer! Roy recalled how "he'd blow his whistle - one long and two short - just for us" when he and Walt were boys in Marceline. (p.32)

1704545556987.png

Climbed on the treadmill yesterday (47 minutes), and was hoping to take a guided stretch class today but...it's sold out! I forgot how classes go at the beginning of the year. It's like you need a FastPass for the gym. :P

currently: 81/420, 19%
week 1 - 81/105 minutes

115 minutes - WDW virtual half marathon

620/3000
Now was that the 7 miler half marathon or the 13.1 mile without drama kind???:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

(In case you missed it: today's Disney half marathon was cut short and started early at 4:45 due to weather. Despite being about half as long as it should be, Disney is giving everyone credit for finishing a full 1/2 marathon. Also, there's no option to make up those miles or discount on a future race. Some of my runner friends are in a tizzy about it.)

Now was that the 7 miler half marathon or the 13.1 mile without drama kind???:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

(In case you missed it: today's Disney half marathon was cut short and started early at 4:45 due to weather. Despite being about half as long as it should be, Disney is giving everyone credit for finishing a full 1/2 marathon. Also, there's no option to make up those miles or discount on a future race. Some of my runner friends are in a tizzy about it.)
It was the virtual, so I completed all 13.1 miles. I heard about the shortening of the in-person race. What a difficult decision that must have been! I understand needing to stay safe, but I also am not surprised the entrants are disappointed.

ETA: It did make me really happy I signed up for the virtual event!!! : )

47 minutes very caffeinated minutes on the treadmill yesterday, while the snow came down outside. I admit, I got too into it, ran too hard, and now... Owe. Don't be me y'all. Take it slow when you're just coming back or if conditions are weird.

currently: 128/420, 30%
week 1 - 81/105 minutes
week 2 - 47/105

Congrats to ShannyMcB on reaching Big Thunder Blue!

65 minutes Saturday and 45 Sunday puts me (PollyannaMom) at 220/500 and Orange Bird Orange, along with DisFam95, Raya, and the Team!! - Congrats to all!

Our combined total 3,096 minutes and 27% of goal!

Today's Disneyland tidbits are about Walt's apartment over the Main Street Fire Station -

::MickeyMo It was decorated in a Victorian style, with lots of cranberry color inspired by Mrs. Disney collecting cranberry glass.
::MickeyMo There was an Edison phonograph, a small kitchen area with a fridge and grilled-cheese press, and two pull-out sofas.
::MickeyMo The bar was stocked with Black & White scotch, Miller High Life beer, Coca-Cola, 7-Up, and V8 juice.
::MickeyMo It once had an actual fire poll, but it was taken out because kids were trying to climb up it.
::MickeyMo The Mouseketeers watched the crowds enter on opening day from the apartment along with Walt.

You can see a little slideshow of photos here:
https://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-disneyapt-pg-photogallery.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter