• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walkway from TTC to MK?

p44nmun

Mouseketeer
Has anybody ever walked or heard of the walkway from Grand Floridian that also connects to TTC and MK?
I was just reading a blog and it seems like it is fairly new and was wondering if that could be another option as well with a rental car to make rope drop versus creating a mobile order for Contempo Cafe, taking an Uber, or walking from Contemporary? Driving to TTC and then walking to MK seems so much easier if it indeed does exist and is open?

Last edited:
Well doing a mobile order for Contempo I wouldn't think would give you the benefit of parking there all day.

Has anybody ever walked or heard of the walkway from Grand Floridian that also connects to TTC and MK?
I was just reading a blog and it seems like it is fairly new and was wondering if that could be another option as well with a rental car to make rope drop versus creating a mobile order for Contempo Cafe, taking an Uber, or walking from Contemporary? Driving to TTC and then walking to MK seems so much easier if it indeed does exist and is open?

It about 35-40 min walk. I'm happy there's finally a walking path between the TTC and MK. I hate public transportation.

Well doing a mobile order for Contempo I wouldn't think would give you the benefit of parking there all day.
We weren’t being advised to park at the Contemporary, we were advised to take an Uber. I know you can’t park there. I was suggesting parking my rental car at the TTC and using the walkway to MK versus taking an Uber to pick up breakfast at the Contemporary and walking to MK.

People have been posting about getting to bus stops a hour and half prior to park opening for MK or sometimes that buses aren’t always coming as early as people would like. Although the walkway would be a 40 min walk, at least I would feel “in control” a bit about when we got to MK maybe? Maybe this plan is crazy though🤣
MK is always the park I struggle with in terms of getting there. We always use a rental car for the other parks.
Thanks for the walkway times/advice. Appreciate it!!

We are staying at the Poly next month with a rental car and still not sure what option will get us to MK in that first wave of ropedrop arrivals.

One option is the Gold Route buses which services the 3 MK resorts for times outside normal park transportation for guests to access early/late ADRs & mobile order nearby. It usually starts running at 7am (1hr+ sooner than Monorail, Ferry or Resort to MK buses start running). The bus stop at Poly is only a 5 min walk from TTC. Take it to Contemporary where you're only a short walk to MK and toward the front of rope drop pack coming in via WDW transpo to MK.

It seems a bit complicated but I prefer it to walking 2 miles (when I'll walk 10 more that day lol) or using uber when we already have a car. I'm still trying to 100% confirm the ability for all guests to use the Gold Line buses at Poly... but there's surprisingly little info on WDW's site. Most WDW bubble transport doesn't exclude guests tho there are a few exceptions.

It is a very long walk from the Transportation Center to Magic Kingdom. Not sure why you wouldn't just take the monorail. How long it takes to walk that far depends on how fast you walk and also what sort of physical shape you are in. Obviously, this would be in addition to the mileage you put on during your Magic Kingdom visit.

It is a very long walk from the Transportation Center to Magic Kingdom. Not sure why you wouldn't just take the monorail. How long it takes to walk that far depends on how fast you walk and also what sort of physical shape you are in. Obviously, this would be in addition to the mileage you put on during your Magic Kingdom visit.
Those are really good points! Wondering (Xmas day) how long that line for the monorail will be/etc? I know nobody knows and I’ll just be guessing. For me it was more the control of being able to walk there myself. But agree that the monorail or ferry would be easier. In years past we have waited for each for awhile at times so I was just attempting to maybe come up with a different plan if it was feasible. But you definitely bring up very good points. Maybe the walking isn’t a good idea after all🤦🏼‍♀️

Those are really good points! Wondering (Xmas day) how long that line for the monorail will be/etc? I know nobody knows and I’ll just be guessing. For me it was more the control of being able to walk there myself. But agree that the monorail or ferry would be easier. In years past we have waited for each for awhile at times so I was just attempting to maybe come up with a different plan if it was feasible. But you definitely bring up very good points. Maybe the walking isn’t a good idea after all🤦🏼‍♀️
Where are you staying? If you don't care about making it for rope drop, maybe wait until half an hour or so after the park opens and just grab the bus from your resort.

We would really like to rope drop, on Xmas day. I know, we are crazy. If the monorail doesn’t start running until approximately 30 mins before park opening, and the parks “surprise open” like they have been doing 45 mins earlier than actual opening, then I have to come up w a different plan.
And we are back to walking.....

We are staying at the Poly next month with a rental car and still not sure what option will get us to MK in that first wave of ropedrop arrivals.

You can always take the bus that is running from Poly to MK right now (since the monorail station is closed). I have not been there to confirm this, but I ‘assume’ (key word) it starts running around an hour before park opening like the other destinations.

As for the Gold Route, yes, anyone can take that bus.

You can always take the bus that is running from Poly to MK right now (since the monorail station is closed). I have not been there to confirm this, but I ‘assume’ (key word) it starts running around an hour before park opening like the other destinations.

As for the Gold Route, yes, anyone can take that bus.
Thank you! Good to know.

My concern was reports of the ferry and monorail not starting until about 40 minutes before park open, and some people being told that MK doesn't want any transportation arrivals coming in before 30 mins PPO. But MK was opening earlier and guests coming in from CR (and now GF I'd suppose) were already in the park and riding at that point.

What I'd most like to avoid is planning a very early morning to make front ropedrop, but somehow get held back anyway. Probably best to just sleep in lol, especially if you're going to end up at the back of rope drop either way.

What about the temperature & security checks on the paths from GF & CR? Do they open earlier?

The monorail often doesn't start running until 30minutes before MK park open... and behind all the people coming thru from GF and CR.

We got on the resort monorail at GF a little after 8:00 3 weeks ago, we had an 8:15 at Chef Mickeys.

We got on the resort monorail at GF a little after 8:00 3 weeks ago, we had an 8:15 at Chef Mickeys.
Good to know but the issue is the Poly stop is closed. Those guests could walk over to TTC, but that monorail has reports of not dropping off before 30mins prior to official park open at MK.

Good to know but the issue is the Poly stop is closed. Those guests could walk over to TTC, but that monorail has reports of not dropping off before 30mins prior to official park open at MK.

The one we were on stopped at MK, around 8:15. You could also take the express monorail from the TTC or the ferry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter