• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walmart savings catcher, change to the way receipts are now accepted!!

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Well I went to Walmart this evening, got the groceries myself and got home to scan my receipt for the savings catcher. Well it is a no go with that method now!:mad: The only way you can submit your receipt to the savings catcher is to pay with the Walmart app now! Which I can do in the future but I didn't know this and now my receipt of like $310 worth of groceries will not be counted. This makes me mad, but now I know.

Wonder what the reasoning is behind this change? Wonder if they are paying out too much money on the savings catcher and this is a way of lessening the amounts paid out? But I just wonder if you can submit a receipt if you do the grocery pick up with the app?

I do Walmart Pick up for all of our groceries. It doesn't seem to be included in Savings Catcher any more. Or I certainly haven't figured out how to submit those receipts...

I do Walmart Pick up for all of our groceries. It doesn't seem to be included in Savings Catcher any more. Or I certainly haven't figured out how to submit those receipts...
That doesn't surprise me and it is what I expected. They must be wanting to really the reduce the payout on the app. When I go to a store say in Chattanooga, I can do pretty well with the savings catcher because there are so many other stores that they compete with.

They’ve had notices about it in the app for a while. I don’t get it. One of my Walmart’s checks the receipt when you leave. The app was not working when I left so I could not pull it up. The whole thing is irritating.

They’ve had notices about it in the app for a while. I don’t get it. One of my Walmart’s checks the receipt when you leave. The app was not working when I left so I could not pull it up. The whole thing is irritating.
I think they will end up paying out less with this method. I spent $310 tonight, with no chance at all of getting any money back from it because I didn't know about the change that was happening.

Same thing happened to me last Saturday. Got home with my receipt and could not scan it. Now I have to pay with Walmart pay and print my receipt out at home just so I can submit it to Ibotta. It just makes everything more difficult.

Same thing happened to me last Saturday. Got home with my receipt and could not scan it. Now I have to pay with Walmart pay and print my receipt out at home just so I can submit it to Ibotta. It just makes everything more difficult.
Pay $0.01 in cash then you should get a paper receipt and be able to submit.

Never thought about the savings of receipt paper, I know there has to be something in it for Walmart to do this.

I never get that much back from savings catcher anyways - I do better shopping the sales to start at our local Gerbes and then using ibotta occasionally.

Slightly ot but what is the deal with the Walmart shopping bags. I always do self checkout and can never get them open.

I don't want to do this! I have like $9 in my savings catcher and I never kept the email gift card that I had a long time ago and they wouldn't issue another, so now that money is gone, good thing not a lot.

I never downloaded the app, just logged the receipts in on my computer. I'm not gonna download the app either. I don't really shop there for a lot of groceries, we have a few around and I hit the sales at all them. One thing I do get, is the day old rotisserie chicken, so I can debone it and have for wraps, but that doesn't earn any $$ back anyway.

My guess is they are paying out too much money and this is a way to curb that.

I found a work around for printing the receipt. In the Walmart app on my phone, if I view the receipt in my purchase history, there is a little receipt icon at the top. The icon brings up the receipt details (which looks exactly like a paper receipt). If I scroll down to the bottom of the receipt, I can scan the QR code on my phone screen using the Ibotta app on my iPad. I also took screenshots of the receipt portions and successfully used them to upload for the Kellogg’s rewards program. Definitely more steps than before, but better than having to waste ink printing my receipt at home.

I don't want to do this! I have like $9 in my savings catcher and I never kept the email gift card that I had a long time ago and they wouldn't issue another, so now that money is gone, good thing not a lot.

I never downloaded the app, just logged the receipts in on my computer. I'm not gonna download the app either. I don't really shop there for a lot of groceries, we have a few around and I hit the sales at all them. One thing I do get, is the day old rotisserie chicken, so I can debone it and have for wraps, but that doesn't earn any $$ back anyway.

My guess is they are paying out too much money and this is a way to curb that.
If you ever shop walmart online, you can use the money that way. And I agree that they are trying to curb how much they pay out.

I hate that they've changed this. I have a smart phone, but not everyone does. And, my phone is a prepaid one that doesn't have that much memory available. I will not download another app to my phone as it may start to cause problems. So I'm pretty much SOL on this program.

If you ever shop walmart online, you can use the money that way. And I agree that they are trying to curb how much they pay out.

I hate that they've changed this. I have a smart phone, but not everyone does. And, my phone is a prepaid one that doesn't have that much memory available. I will not download another app to my phone as it may start to cause problems. So I'm pretty much SOL on this program.
I didn't know I could use the money online??? I can do that! Any specifics to doing? I don't recall it ever asking about using that $.

I didn't know I could use the money online??? I can do that! Any specifics to doing? I don't recall it ever asking about using that $.

At checkout, there's a place where you enter/choose your credit card, and then next to that it says "Gift card." If you click that, your SC money shows as already loaded onto a virtual card, or you can enter another one.

Our Wal-Mart has cell phones blocked - or at least I can never get service in the store or the parking lot. Guess I'm out of the Savings catcher game. Good thing we can use the money on-line, I've got $92 saved up to use towards Christmas presents.

Every time I have tried to use Walmart Pay at the self-checkout, it gives me some sort of error message and then tells me that I have to use a different method of payment. I have a CC linked to the account, in fact, it's the same card that I ended up using to pay each time, so I know it is not a credit card issue. It ticks me off because if I can't even USE Walmart Pay to pay, how the heck am I supposed to submit the receipt???

Our Wal-Mart has cell phones blocked - or at least I can never get service in the store or the parking lot. Guess I'm out of the Savings catcher game. Good thing we can use the money on-line, I've got $92 saved up to use towards Christmas presents.
That's illegal to block them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter