Walt Disney Company Q3 Earnings Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder if they worked out a deal with AMC or Regal like Universal did and have to share some of the DTC profits with the theater companies or if they get to pocket all $29.99. If they can get most, if not all, of that money, they may release every new movie this way going forward.

I assume they are gonna piss off all Domestic theater chains with this news, as well...not just D+ subscribers...in fact, I'm not sure anyone will like this news...

It tells me two things. One we already knew is that they are desperate for revenue. The other is they have more faith in the actual box office potential in Black Widow than they have in Mulan.

maybe - or they just need to release it at some point, it did already have it's premiere and it is more of a family movie and families might be even less willing to go to a theater in the near future vs teens/adults that woudl go for something like Black Widow

Just speaking for myslelf, unless things really improve I can't see taking my kids to a movie theater for a while and $30 is cheaper than taking all 5 of us to the theater.

We just got a projector and outdoor screen, maybe do an outdoor showing of it

It tells me two things. One we already knew is that they are desperate for revenue. The other is they have more faith in the actual box office potential in Black Widow than they have in Mulan.
I think it has to do with the markets as well. This tells me they have no faith whatsoever in the US market coming back anytime soon, but possibly so for those overseas. If they can release Mulan in Europe and Asia, it would likely make more money there than Black Widow would.

maybe - or they just need to release it at some point, it did already have it's premiere and it is more of a family movie and families might be even less willing to go to a theater in the near future vs teens/adults that woudl go for something like Black Widow

Just speaking for myslelf, unless things really improve I can't see taking my kids to a movie theater for a while and $30 is cheaper than taking all 5 of us to the theater.

We just got a projector and outdoor screen, maybe do an outdoor showing of it
I think you would use the film you have lesser hope in as your test subject in case it doesn't work.

Wow what a huge mistake. I assume this is so they can release it in theaters in countries that aren't a disaster?
To me I think this is Disney trying to get what money they can. If this is successful it may continue too. If theaters don't bounce back I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Soul go this route too. Disney has a packed calendar too. They can't keep pushing back without cannabilizing themselves.

To me I think this is Disney trying to get what money they can. If this is successful it may continue too. If theaters don't bounce back I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Soul go this route too. Disney has a packed calendar too. They can't keep pushing back without cannabilizing themselves.
On the flip side they haven't really filmed anything in 5 months so there's a lot that's falling behind schedule naturally as well.

Is it just me or does the background noise on this part of the call sound like you are waiting in the lab area of the Flight of Passage queue? 😄

On the flip side they haven't really filmed anything in 5 months so there's a lot that's falling behind schedule naturally as well.
True but I think they are willing to just do what they have to with Mulan and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter