Walt Disney Company Quarter 2 Earnings Report 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parks reopening is not about break even but more of a positive contribution. They won't reopen until they can make a positive contribution.
This squares nicely with my biscuit story, for those who don't know what "positive contribution" means:
Long ago, my employer used to sell biscuits. We lost a ton of money on each bag of biscuits we sold. But when we let the plant sit idle we lost even more money. So we continued to sell biscuits. Eventually circumstances changed and now we don’t sell biscuits anymore, but for a long time we lost less money by losing money selling biscuits.

That’s what’s gonna happen with 12,000 people in the Magic Kingdom, probably paying discounted admission, but buying $11 hot dogs.

Film production.. when can it be restarted - particularly large scale.. same as theme parks - safety proceedures

I didn’t like his comment on cash related to launching international faster. Their cash cushion might not be adequate to fund new growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter